Ancient - or not so ancient - aliens

Following on from the did/didn’t moon landings discussion - how do people feel about Roswell?

Were there alien bodies found? Was it a hoax? Or was there a gigantic ‘cover up’ ?

1 Like

You have to remember that this was the beginning of the Cold War, the us had project mogul in operation, balloons carrying equipment to test for nuclear explosions, so everything was disinformation and hush hush to prevent the Russians knowing what was going on, did a ufo crash, I really don’t know , I guess we’ll never know unless someone has irrefutable proof one way or another…

2 Likes

I am deeply cynical that it was aliens, at least until some irrefutable evidence appears. In all likelihood, this is either a hoax and/or the product of someone’s imagination.

Well…
I didn’t believe in all that, but in the mid 80’s, I saw a UFO close up, a black triangle craft, approx. 400-500 feet above me, moving slowly and silently.
I stood and watched it for about 5 to 10 minutes, gob smacked - and no, I hadn’t been drinking or taking substances.
I told family, friends and work mates (Postman) and I was ridiculed to the point that I stopped talking about it and even started to say that I had made the whole thing up.
Since then I have been fascinated with the subject, trying to find out as much as I can.
And now after 40 years of research, I believe more than ever that we are not alone.
The craft was not a B2 stealth bomber which was still secret at that time, but it may have been some other black budget project.
Serpo

(The nickname was a result of the micky taking - research Serpo, and you will see why!..but I kind of liked it lol)

2 Likes

Well, I still believe that some people like Van Gogh was way ahead of his time.

James Webb space telescope image superimposed on Starry Night

3 Likes

Love this! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Me? I keep an open mind.

3 Likes

Yes Serpo, it sounds appropriate.
Welcome to the forum by the way…
:+1:

1 Like

I’ve always thought Roswell have a lot of secrets not for public knowledge.

1 Like

I am British so i keep an open mind.
But if i was an American, well i saw one having a Big Mac at KFC then off it went on his Unicorn.
That`s beautifull Minx thanks.

I know exactly what you mean! :rofl: :wink: :+1:

I believe it is possible that this planet was once visited by beings from another planet, but so long ago that all traces of them have disappeared over the millennia.
If it did happen, then I think that our planet was a targeted destination, such as, we’m goin’ to the third rock from that there star there, or, ooh look, there’s a planet we haven’t visited before, let’s pop down and have a look since we’m passing by.

What I don’t believe is that a highly advanced spaceship, piloted by highly advanced intelligent beings came hurtling towards the earth, missed the vast space between planets, missed the 3/5ths of the planet that is covered in water, missed the several million hectares of areas populated by billions of people, and crashed near a one horse town in the middle of nowhere, where someone wearing a tie is considered an alien, without anyone actually seeing or hearing it at the time.

If aliens did land in the USA in 1947, why would anyone, or any government want to keep it secret? If they discovered technology that could help personkind, they would have used it by now. If they discovered weapons that could surpass and subdue any other nation, they would have used it by now.
I simply don’t believe it happened.

1 Like

I’ve never been interested.There’s not any real empirical evidence to prove it IMO.

1 Like

ok ok I sorta feel i see where ya comin from here?? - so the usa wot with their scant pics of supposed space crafts and funny lookin bodies in glass containers { large that is} made it all up for a reason - ah ah ah !! - to frighten us perhaps?? to stop people exploring space or to get more funds to continue exploring space ?? - the plot doth thicken or is that the broth doth thicken??

My problem, with this, is that…I desperately want there to be aliens, somewhere out there, and down here. If we’re all Earth will ever have, then She’s as good as lost, anyway. There must be something, out there, better than us. After all, all we could ever be is Nature’s latest prototypes, richly deserving a place on the “Rejects” shelf! Whoever you are, out there…please, just wipe us out and start again!

2 Likes

Nice of you to include me but I don’t mind not being perfect.Thankyou very much.

3 Likes

Pretty well sums it up for me too Fruitcake, if it was any other country than America I might have been a wee bit interested.

Or to draw our attention away from the devious stuff the yanks are developing out there.

3 Likes

As far as I know, the US government has never produced any images, artefacts, or any kind of official “proof” that aliens landed near Roswell. It’s only ever been “leaked” stuff, or “the bloke down the pub showed me a photo he stole from a file after breaching Area 51’s security”.
Denial of its existence by the government seems to be enough to convince people it is true.
Mind you, I can understand that when so many politicians etcetera have denied something ever happened, only for the truth to come out later.

Aliens may have landed on our planet before there were any humans to witness it.
Aliens may have landed thousands of years ago when people had no way of recording such events other than writing it down or painting/drawing pictures, or telling tales that have changed and distorted over the centuries.
Chris de Burgh’s, “A Spaceman Came Travelling” could be true.

If it happened today, I think we would know about it.

Having previously worked in the aerospace industry for forty three years, I have seen stuff that looks like something out of a science fiction novel. Some of it never got off the ground. Some of it was never meant to get off the ground, but looked like it should.
Most people never get to hear about a lot this stuff, let alone see it, and if they do, they might not know it was person-made.
There was some phenomenal stuff around in the fifties and sixties that still look fantastical, even today. Some of it fell out the sky, but if it was a secret project then it would be covered up. I wouldn’t put it past the Yanks to say, no, 'twas not a top secret weapon, 'twere aliens, honest.

If someone saw a weird looking flying machines back in the forties, when there was no internet, and had no reference point other than something with propellers, they could be forgiven for thinking it was not of this world.

People will believe something posted in the media, no matter how untrue it is. and it’s nothing new. Look at the mass panic that occurred in the USA due to Orson Well’s radio production of War of the Worlds.
Only recently, people believed Covid was being transmitted by 5G mobile phones, and 'phone masts were being destroyed as a result. For this to have been a real thing, someone would have had to have invented a matter transfer device a la “beam me up Scotty” in order to move a physical object, even a sub-microscopic one.

3 Likes

You make some helluva good points Fruitcake, and in the main I agree with you. People don’t seem to be able to think for themselves these days and they look no further than explanations given by the media who are the tool of the establishment.
I also believe that every unexplained incident has someone quite human at the back of it. Our ability to misdirect and fool the public has developed into a fine art, and deception is easy, in fact we are masters at it.
However…Although I don’t think 5G had anything to do with Covid, I do believe it could be detrimental to the health of all living things. Not just 5G, but all transmissions. Take a multi frequency receiver with you and there will be virtually nowhere in this world that you will not receive some kind of signal. Talk about there being something in the air…
Everything we see, hear or communicate uses a frequency, and up until 1895 there were no man made RF frequencies clogging up our world. Who knows what effects we, and other living things, are now experiencing from the ever expanding network of RF frequencies, our environment is saturated with them…

2 Likes