Am l Being Petty, But Is William And Kate’s Visit To The Caribbean, Inappropriate At This Present Time?

First of all I’d like to apologise for wasting people’s time with what I’d hoped would be recognised as an ridiculous parody of an OTT pro royalist stance.

I don’t really care one way or another on the issue of the Royal family and recognise the pro and con arguments both having a degree of validity.

It seems a bit opportunistic to use Ukraine and general hardship as an excuse to state ones opinion on the RF.

There’s also something unsettling about allowing Putin’s actions rule our everyday lives right across the board, and my post about asking what else should be cancelled was kind of aimed at pointing this out.

Again, I apologise for any posts which wasted your time.

Tezza, You wouldn’t have thousands of pounds spent on expensive dresses, if you didn’t want to go.
You’d go in your old scruffs to indicate you’d rather be somewhere else!

Those clothes will have been bought and paid for before the war. She didnt just nip into the shop at the airport while she was waiting for boarding to be announced.

1 Like

Oh, Melgal, of course you’d have all this knowledge in your capacity as an ex ‘public servant’!
Thanks for putting me right! :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s my point Art. They would love to be slouching around in casual wear but I doubt the choice was theirs to make. People who slag off the royals do so knowing they can rarely answer back. I would suggest those who condemn so easily should walk a mile in their shoes.

3 Likes

Thank you Artypops. I suspect that they didn’t use travago to book the hotels either nor use a lastminutebooking.com site to book the flights.

BOOM. :+1:

A lot of her clothes she’s worn before and there are pictures of her wearing them now and when she wore them before and one of the items she bought before she was a Royal:

The mother-of-three is understood to have opted for a vintage red Yves Saint Laurent jacket she bought while studying at the University of St Andrews, where she met Prince William, 39, two decades ago.

Golly, what were the chances of finding that old thing in the Oxfam shop inside terminal 5 at Heathrow?

You know that do you ?
Royals don’t nip to shops the shops come to them and often offer their clothes free or at favourable rates .
To those who have shall be given more

You know what they love too amazing how many people know exactly what the royals do and think .
There will be plenty of takers for there job and any amount of people who could do it .
Of course they can answer back but they don’t want to rock the gravey boat .

Not sure how many there are that have that specific lineage and can claim to be 2nd in line to the throne? After all, that is William’s job, isn’t it?

If you were born into that family, would you have shunned it all?

…but we weren’t!

1 Like

But would you have shunned it and gone it alone?

Hi

i know very little about Kate.

Both Princes trained and lived close to where I lived before moving back to Shrewsbury.

Both very normal and very polite and would hold the doors open for the elderly.

I honestly cannot fault them.

You bet I would have. I would have strategically planned and saved enough to bolt and create my own life. Having this type of focus on what I’m doing, wearing, how I’m aging, who I’m with, how thin/ heavy I am, who I’m dating, etc… etc…. would drive me nuts. I cherish my freedom & privacy above all else. I’d absolutely HATE to live like this. The images of how hounded Princess Diana was will never leave me.

The only reason I know about any of this stuff is from coming to this site, otherwise I haven’t a clue about this lot. Princess Diana was a different thing altogether.

Right now, I’m just happy and thrilled to be alive and kicking in a country that isn’t at war.
I’m most grateful.

3 Likes

Why would they not ?
They are t normal at all they are people who will never know what it is like to struggle to pay a mortgage or to have to put up with a dull soul destroying job year in year out .
The least they can do as they live at our expense is to be polite .

Linage is simply luck in the lottery of birth
Of course few people would shun the job
The royals haven’t have they ?
They can step down off the gravy train any time there are heirs a plenty .
But they don’t ,they may not be academic superstars but they are not completely daft .
Well most of them anyway .

Who is advising the out of touch royals .
The tour by William and Kate showed the feeling in the carribean towards the RF so they send out Edward and Sophie two obscure figures who are meaningless in todays world how stupid and patronising.

I’ve not been watching any news so am out of the loop . What is the point of this visit now ? Is it yet another waste of tax money ?