All the good things remaining in UK?

Chilliboot…you can do better than that I’m sure…Chripy Chirpy Cheep Cheep indeed! :roll_eyes:

I will walk 500 miles… Don’t You Forget About Me…A Girl like You…? :joy:

Right, now you’ve asked for it! :wink:
TV stars by the Skids, best served live.
Well done Jobson :rofl:

1 Like

Omg I loved that! I just watched the live version on Youtube, good call!:+1:

I have nothing more to add :frowning_face:

…Rab C Nesbitt and Mary doll

snorts and runs away

1 Like

bonfire night [ guy fawkes] celebrations ; surely unique aye I remember them well!!

did we mention canal journeys - oh wot bliss and with their own pubs too!!

1 Like

ps: who’s keeping count??

Your comment made me realise that nobody else in the world does this. The bonfire, toffee apples, etc were all good fun…the fireworks not so much! :fireworks:

We had a bonfire every year but my mother always thought it was wrong to celebrate the terrible death of Guy Faukes so we never had a ‘Guy’

Don’t you love our British way of creating songs or events around conflict and tragedy. Guy Fawkes was Catholic and aimed to destroy the protestant parliament and king - primarily in response to oppression of catholics under James I (let’s not bother depending James’ regnal number). Bon fire night is to celebrate the hanging and quartering of Fawkes. So a jolly anti-catholic execution party.
Ring-a-ring a roses is of course a song about the plague.
And I recently read that humpty-dumpty is a song about Richard III being killed in battle - bludgeoned to death after falling from his horse, Wall. Apparently true. A jolly ditty to celebrate another murder. What fun.

We sound horrible .

1 Like

Never knew that! Interesting!

Not a definitive meaning though

Vulgar humour.
Benny Hill, Frankie Howerd , Dick Emery, Carry on films to name but a few.

I loved Terry and June, if the vicar was invited for tea then you knew that things were going to go horribly wrong!

Sometimes humour is about anticipation.

3 Likes

strength in adversary?? - pride in refusing to vote when no party is worth it??? fish and chips ??

1 Like

1 Like

nature has to be our best friend heh? -this green and pleasant land or is that peasant land?

1 Like

My BH always wonders at the green of the UK when she sees it on the TV.Although she does prefer the red of Oz.

1 Like

This year it’s been as dry and yellow as Spain

Your man is right. The UK has embraced so many other foods and national dishes. My life in France is dominated by French food. In the cities there are sushi restaurants and pizzas are everywhere (even some good ones). But the local restaurant does poule au pot, or maigret de canard. There is little experimenting, and few non-French restaurants. The local bloke in street still thinks that spices are dangerous and there to disguise bad meat. Probably 40 years behind the UK. Maybe more.
PS don’t think I’m complaining about food in France, if I want a curry I simply make one.