Alexa - where do you keep yours?

That’s not a very nice view of Hubby. :laughing: :biking_man:

2 Likes

None here, thanks.

4 Likes

Yes can get strip lighting to put at the back of TV, or any where else, that change colour with music or with sound from a film or gaming. Also can get a free standing light.

We sure have come along way since candles :wink:

3 Likes

He’s alright really, just into all of these things.:grin:

I’ve a google home situated behind the tv, use it for alarm in the morning.

2 Likes

My bladder is my alarm :astonished::point_right::wink:

7 Likes

Mine tends to be, even without a prostate.

Yes can use it to set a timer or a reminder, shopping lists, music play list, can ask any questions.
With the lights hubby has done a timer for the porch light to come on just before we take the boys out at 6am.

4 x Echoes.

One in the kitchen away from any form of cooking - mainly used for timers and playing music.

One in the lounge on a coffee table, which is used for setting reminders, controlling my Amazon Firestick, and for shutting everything down except for my router with a simple voice command.

One in the dining room cum study for compiling lists and adding appointments to my diary.

And lastly, one next to the bed with a clock feature for settings alarms, playing Audible books, and sounds to get me to sleep.

All four can be used to control my W-Fi enabled lights and my WiFi enabled plug-in adapters.

You might say that I’m a bit of a geek. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What ever happened to last one out, turn the lights off. :laughing: :biking_man:

It’s alive and working well in our house. :sweat_smile:

Good to get back to basics Rox. :grin:

My son gave me a Google thingy (forgot what it is called) for Christmas 2019. I plugged it in for a a few days but because my Google account has everything turned off that I can turn off all it could do was tell me the time.

I unplugged it just before New Year 2020 and it has remained unplugged ever since. It has sat forlornly and unloved on the table in the corner for the last 18+ months.

1 Like

Don’t be concerned Bruce, the appliance is unconcerned about you.

I know you are not concerned anyway.

1 Like

You’re right, I am far more worried about the baggage retrieval system they’ve got at Heathrow

2 Likes

same here - If alexa turned up, she wouldn’t be in a freezer bag but in the freezer

1 Like

Nor I!

Brilliant. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t own one. Or the smart meter screen I binned it.
Less is definitely more imo…except :moneybag: money

2 Likes

I love my Alexa i play music on her all the time and I ask her questions…when I go to bed at night I tell her goodnight and she says things like sweet dreams or don’t let the bedbugs bite…so funny :slight_smile:

3 Likes