Alexa - where do you keep yours?

I love music in the kitchen but found my old radio got rather greasy over time.

Now I’ve got Alexa I’ve learned my lesson. I keep it in a little corner of my kitchen worktop - in it’s little Amazon box to protect it from grease.

Where do you keep yours?

On our gramophone…

1 Like

That’s a good idea, keeping it in the box, I like a bit of music when I’m cooking

This sounds like bragging, I’m really not, but we’ve got three. Only the little round basic versions, Every so often Amazon has a sale on them and you can get them really cheaply

So, there’s on in the sitting room on the book shelf for music and it turns a lamp on and off when we’re away as a bit of a burglar deterrent

One in the bedroom on the bedside cabinet which we use as an alarm clock and the exercise bike is in the bedroom so we can listen to music while we pedal

And like you I’ve got one in the kitchen which is in a holder that you plug in and it hangs from the socketimage

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Are you still trying to work out where the handle is to wind it up?:mega:

3 Likes

Just a thought…

Why not put it in a freezer bag, ziplock bag or even wrap in cling film? they would attenuate the sound less than the box and are easy to replace.

In its original packaging, somewhere at the back of a cupboard, ain’t seen it for yonks.

3 Likes

I do not have one or one in any other name. I do not want or need one and with a very slow connection right at the end of the wires, things internet based are very limited in my house.

3 Likes

I have one in my sewing dining room, which is the most used one, another in the kitchen which is used a lot for music if I’m doing a lot of cooking, but otherwise it’s very handy as a timer. I have a third one, which I used to keep in the living room, but as it was so little used there I now have it in my bedroom. If I’m doing a lot of pattern cutting, I take it into the spare room where my cutting table is. I also use it in there when my granddaughter has a sleepover because she loves to listen to ‘sleep music’, very softly, to send her off to sleep.

2 Likes

We have 4 Alexa devices, 1 echo in the kitchen, 1 echo in our bedroom and another echo in Charlies room. The 4th is enabled via the Sonos Arc system in the living room.

2 Likes

Wind up…hmm…

1 Like

Thanks for the idea Bruce. I will think about that when the box gets greasy.

For now though it’s fine in the box. I lift the flap down when I listen to music…

1 Like

I don’t, I won’t have one in the house.

7 Likes

Nor me @Rox …I see no point in having one

6 Likes

No Alexa here either…

7 Likes

No females in this household, not even an Alexa!
:grinning:

4 Likes

None here.

3 Likes

My brother has an occasional problem with birds getting into his loft and nesting, so now he keeps an old Amazon Echo there, which he controls remotely from his phone, and plays scary predator bird calls to keep them away :joy:

6 Likes

Oooh that’s a clever idea! :+1:

I keep mine well away from everything, and only play music on it.

2 Likes

I don’t have a eco dot in the kitchen because of it getting greasy. Got one in the dinning room off the kitchen so I can hear the music. Got 2 Eco’s that’s the bigger ones in the living room on the mantle piece and one eco dot in our bedroom.
We have smart plugs and light bulbs so we can turn them on and off and anything else that we want. I’m not that keen on the light bulbs because it’s easy just using the switch but that’s what hubby wants so I have to humour him, but it does have its place.

1 Like

I’d like the light bulbs I think. There’s also some sort of light that syncs with Alexa so that it changes or fluctuates with music. I think that would be quite (annoying?) nice for a short while :smiley: