Age does it surprise you?

Correction, some folks ages are quite surprising :older_adult:

Happy Birthday Besoeker :slight_smile:

Does anyone else watch the Chase just to see the ages of the contestants when they introduce themselves at the beginning and tell us their age… I gasp in horror when I realise I’m older than many of them…especially the ones who…how can I say this kindly…look very crinkled :slight_smile:

Thank you Mr Foxy. We are doing fine, just jogging along. We just don’t go anywhere much.But we are going to lunch this afternoon - it will be a first in over a year.

How about yourself? Are you still waiting for your OP?

Thank you, summer!

Ha! Ha! yes @summer I watch ‘the chase’ most days and am surprised at the ages of some of the contestants. I like to compare myself to those around my age, and as you say, some have weathered poorly… :flushed:
I used to do the same with ‘Eggheads’ but for some reason they don’t mention their ages anymore… :roll_eyes: Perhaps it’s the BBC being…Well! just the BBC… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Morning @Besoeker, unfortunately my op has been put back until the 17th December at 7:30am… :flushed:
I’m having some success developing a heart pacemaker in the lab, I’ll let you know how it progresses, I might not need to visit the NHS…
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That would be a plus - I wish you well with the project!

1 Like

There was an article on Thursday about a pensioner being arrested over a murder, the guy in question is 66, I’m fast approaching 65, kinda of hits home when I’m nearly to be regarded as a pensioner.

I will be 84 in a few days caricature so I am almost 20 years your senior. The only thing that surprises me about age is that I am still here. I have been very lucky with my health.

4 Likes

You keep waking up, thats the battle won for today.

1 Like

Yes, when it seems the Good die young. :icon_wink:

Has anybody here seen my friend Marvin? :icon_frown:

2 Likes

Yes, but still looking for Abraham…
hey have you seen him…

1 Like

Can you tell me where he’s gone?

1 Like

He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

I think Hank went to live down under, but I’ve always been a big fan of his music Spitty…
:musical_note:

Entry CANCELLED.

Realised today that I am not old yet.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I slipped over today.

YAAAYYYYY, I slipped over I didn’t “have a fall”

Yes, I think something really changes in our body in the 70’s. I notice my sister, mid 70’s really keeps herself physically active. She really believes she needs to keep moving and doing as much as she can, to slow the loss of ability.

I have been reading that lifting weights to build muscle is one of the most important things we can do to keep our physical ability. Thoughts on this?

1 Like