Age does it surprise you?

That’s poignant…

1 Like

I will be 84 in the beginning of December and have had no serious illness but in the last two years I have definitely slowed down a bit. I used to walk a fair distance each day but now only a mile or so. Also half an hour on the exercise bike has been reduced to ten minutes.

5 Likes

A grateful heart is the best way to begin your day

5 Likes

So, you’re 93!

Well done Baz!

Note:- I didn’t “score” in some of the years!

:cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Your maths is worse than mine but if you didn’t “score” that’s a shame and probably the reason.
Maybe you had the same comment on your school reports as I did “Must try harder”?
:thinking: :grinning:

4 Likes

I hated those comments :thinking:

2 Likes

So did I, worse still they were on all subjects, except English, woodwork, metalwork and technical drawing.

From that it’s obvious I was not at all academic. Despite that though I had a full working life of 55 years, apart from a recession in the late 1980s when I was out of work for a while. Unlike today, the “pieces of paper” were not the “be all and end all” of good employment prospects.
:grinning:

4 Likes

Yes. That’s so true. We made it Baz :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah another one, well done. Perhaps there are more of us than I first thought!
Any others out there by any chance?
:thinking: :grinning:

3 Likes

Good idea for a thread Baz :slightly_smiling_face:

I seem to remember it was “could do better” on mine. I don’t think they actually believed that though. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I can just imagine a little Harbal :grin:

4 Likes

15 in my head

4 Likes

Fine! Be that way then… :069:

2 Likes

That is where places like this come into their own. You can lark about with your mates and leave your body behind, leaving you free to be as young as you like.

6 Likes

That is my experience too, 70 seems a watershed age.

I still get caught out though.

The council is constructing a footpath round my house and i thought I would rescue some flagstones that form my path at the front from the gate to the kerb. Got all the necessary gear and lifted the first flagstone using a lever, Even managed to get it on its edge but could I lift it, No way. After much effort I had to lower it back down and give up.

A couple of decades ago when the gas company went through and left them awry I had no trouble moving the the stones and resetting them level. It is just not fair.

Likewise my kids used to come to me to open jars etc, now I need an aid to do the same thing. Hate it.

5 Likes

When I had just made 70, 12 years ago, I was trying to pick the last apple off a tree in our qarden when the branch I was leaning my bottom on, broke off and I fell backwards! The young gymnasts brain of 50 years ago said “Rotate”, after I had hit the ground the body said “What?”. I trip to my doctor followed and after he checked me out and found no broken bits he said “You’ve got to tell your brain that it is in charge of outdated machinery, badly in need of maintenance!”

5 Likes

Gosh Ciderman I can empathise with you I took one of my grandkids ten pin bowling a couple of weeks ago thinking I could show off a bit as I used to bowl in a bowling league years ago…think again my knees are still getting over it :frowning:

3 Likes

I am on Facebook and just recently I have been hit by loads of ads for funeral services and will writing .
I get junk mail re this too .
Seems they think I am about ready to pop my clogs .

3 Likes

As a child I always wanted to be older & loved spending time with adults.
Now I am old myself I am not as capable as I used to be, but I am still able to do what I need to & my experience of life has taught what is important & what isn’t.
We all knew that one day we would be old, but I hope that we are now so sensible that we recognize our limitations before we take any risks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like