Age does it surprise you?

He freed lotta people but it seems the good they die young :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

I think Hank went to live down under, but I’ve always been a big fan of his music Spitty…
:musical_note:

Entry CANCELLED.

Realised today that I am not old yet.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I slipped over today.

YAAAYYYYY, I slipped over I didn’t “have a fall”

Yes, I think something really changes in our body in the 70’s. I notice my sister, mid 70’s really keeps herself physically active. She really believes she needs to keep moving and doing as much as she can, to slow the loss of ability.

I have been reading that lifting weights to build muscle is one of the most important things we can do to keep our physical ability. Thoughts on this?

1 Like

Morning Scot,
This is interesting that you have experienced such a slow down in the last 2 years.

I live in a beach community with lots of retired people and have many friends who are 75+, I am 62. I have noticed that my friends who are reaching their 80’s seem to experience this greater change in aging. Do you have any insight into why you have slowed down so much in the last 2 years?

Thanks,
J

Morning Baz46,
I am curious, but only if you want to share.
How did you look at things differently after having had a heart attack?
Did you change your lifestyle after the heart attack?

Thanks,
J

Thanks EZ-Rider,
This is really great advice. I am 62 and working on getting back into shape after not doing much for 5 years. I am amazed at how much of my fitness I lost. You give me inspiration.

Morning LongDriver,
What do you do now that you are in your 70’s to keep yourself as mobile and healthy as possible?

Hi Minx, curious as to what you are doing to avoid the downhill slide? I am doing some research into this area.
Thanks.
J

What do you attribute the lack of aches and pains and no tablets to?

The day your age “surprises” you is when you happen to bend over the table to look into the mirror lying there.

No idea really, luck and genes play a part I think. Thought I might suffer as I played a lot of football in my younger days. But fingers crossed so far so good :grinning:

1 Like

It isn’t age as such which surprises me…
It’s what age looks like!

Each and every first thing in the morning glance in the mirror brings a surprise :grimacing: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve discovered that, if I Jog backwards, for an hour, I get an hour younger!

:thinking:

2 Likes

Where is Jacky, never saw her? first time around.

I am here.

Got busy at Christmas with work and moved all at the same time.

Looking forward to hanging with you.

Tend to agree with you on this one. 48 is not old, and it is great time to start making some lifestyle changes, if required, to ensure you get old.

1 Like

Great advice.

I have been doing some longevity research - movement and maintaining muscle are key health factors when one gets to your age.

My grandmother lived to 93 .
She never owned a fridge in her life .
Everyday she went out an shopped and not to the supermarket to the grocery / butcher / baker etc .
She changed her library books once a week and walked up to the cemetery to visit my grandfathers grave about once a month . It was a good two miles each way .
She lived independently nearly all of her life .
Her own mother died at 35.