Acts of Kindness in this world

I thought he’d taken offence thinking I had taken offence… :017:

2 Likes

Nope. I view some people on here as useful benchmarks. When they express disappointment in something I’ve posted, I give serious consideration of whether I might have balls’d it up.

In this case, upon reflection, I agree that my judgement might have been problematic and humour not appreciated.

Anyway, let’s move on…

1 Like

Loving all the kindness and manners at the end of this thread…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

well when you come to my manor I hope you will be very well manored and invite me to your manor? where I will be very well manored too?? - it will be all manor of things!!

1 Like

Hey, I noticed the “ aint” in one of your posts, that’s real Hampshire for ya!!..:joy::joy:

Try as I do, aint is always in my vocabulary,:joy::rofl:

I ain’t got a manor, but you’re welcome to visit my humble abode,:smiley::smiley:

if I had a manor ; I’d manor in the morning ; I’d manor in the evening?? …oh well perhaps not? heh

1 Like

are we still offering acts of kindness here ? - well if so can someone tell me how to embed a Utube clip ta!

You just paste the whole https…thing and it does it all for you.
Hope I wasn’t too technical

I did that but all it gives is sure a https:address that you can click on but some are able to produce a whole screen shot?

Gumbud - at the bottom of the Youtube clip, click on “share” (it has a wee arrow). A link comes up, copy and paste that into a reply box here. That works for me. :+1: You might need to wait a few seconds for the link bit to hook up from here to youtube, depending on how quick your connection is.

2 Likes

I’m going to give that a go, thanks Pixie,:pray:

1 Like

It’s a good job someone intelligent turned up :slight_smile:

Indeed, in that area.

There are different types of intelligence,:wink:

1 Like

no that didn’t exactly work what I got was a url address in say orange that if clicked on brought up the video eg - but I see people posting a full video pic that fills the page - that’s what I want to do?

I don’t know how to get to the bottom of a thread on my iPad I tried the methods above and they didn’t work .

My daughter in law has an aggressive form of Multiple Sclerosis her only hope of not ending up in a wheel chair and possibly going blind in a very short space of time was a cell transplant.

The NHS had postponed thier trials for this treatment because of Covid but my daughter in law didn’t have the time to wait she needed treatment urgently.

We needed about £100k for treatment abroad we were raising funds when out of the blue I got an email from someone who knew me from years ago a sort of local boy made good. After explaining everything about the situation to him he placed enough money to totally cover all my daughter in law’s treatment and all her travel expenses in her account.

His one requirment was we never publish his name which obviously we will honour…we will be forever grateful he is such a star. My daughter in law got her treatment and is now back in the UK and after 6 months in isolation she is just about to return to work as a paediatric nurse …its a miracle really.

5 Likes

Indeed summer what a wonderful act of kindness may he be repaid in kind

1 Like

fantastic - could make a hollywood movie out of that - a real miracle - praise the Lord - wow unbelievable

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in that post @gumbud:009:

1 Like

I bloody well hope not. My sister contracted aggressive MS and is in a chair, unable to communicate and needs 24/7 care. No treatment was available for her, and probably never will be either!! She was the smartest and most intelligent out of all of us, and indeed most of the people I’ve ever met.

3 Likes