Abolition of Cash - cashless society

:lol::lol::lol:

I very seldom use cash. Always pay by debit card.

I think they should abolish ‘Credit’ unless it’s for buying a house or motor…(the necessities in life) for all the rest, if you can’t afford it don’t buy it, or save up…

What if it is neither?

I think we should still get credit where credit is due. :lol:

Sorry OGF :blush: Coin of the Realm, obviously, so he can make change.

That’s what my dear mum used to tell me, and it worked for me.

It’s OK for those City Boys, they can squirrel away a billion to the Cayman Islands with the click of a mouse. Hard working Joe has to moonlight for dirty money, launder it in the pub.

No credit then Besoeker…

Can’t be one or the other.

What’s cash? :wink:

I haven’t used it for almost 4 months … do we still have those tiddly little silver coins? :lol:

No Mags. Those silver 3 penny coins went out of curculation ages ago.

:lol::lol::lol: now that’s going back further than I was thinking, Emjay! :mrgreen:

Cash was dying but Covid19 has just about finished it off. Even those rare places like family run restaurants that used to have (say) “Min $20 purchase” for a card have ripped them up.

Years ago I used to go to the hole in the wall several times a week but now I go less than once a month.

Funny thing is I have just under £800 in notes left over from a trip some years ago to the UK but because of the shut down of all overseas travel absolutely no one will change them to real money.

Yet Silver Tabby and Morticia seem adhere to that. I’m with you - I im mostly plastic.

I don’t think that the end of cash will be coming quite so soon. Why are they printing new notes so often.? Ah! When we say plastic, the new notes that are being produced are plastic.

What I meant was I haven’t been out of the house to spend anything in those 4 months. I prefer cash to cards when I’m able to shop for day to day things. :slight_smile:

Ah, OK.
I prefer to avoid shopping at all.

So do I, Mags.
Too easy to lose track of what I’m spending by card.

You just deduct the amount you spend (keep the receipt) from the the amount you have in the bank.

It is actually really easy maths.

BUT the best way is to use the banking app on your phone, the amount you spend appears within minutes/seconds and gives you the exact state of your finances in real time. Far easier than cash.