ABBA have got together

So pleased to hear ABBA are back in the studio recording again, also an upcoming concert. I still have a lot of their music on DVD and play it sometimes. Did you like them?

Sorry this is in 60s music I know it’s 70s but I have a hell of a fight with this tag thing… :cry:

3 Likes

ABBA we’re brilliant, I would imagine there’s not many who didn’t like at least one of their songs

3 Likes

I listen to Abbas greatest hits all day every day…,I love that group.

Pleased to hear they are making a comeback, very talented song writers and singers they are,:heartpulse:

2 Likes

wonderful to hear that! - we need more nostaligia at our ages - good for the soul!

4 Likes

Good that they can make a comeback after all this time. They bring back lots of memories with their music. Plenty of information online about this, link below is just one of many articles:

:grinning:

3 Likes

I did like ABBA , still do from the early years, but they are all in their 70.s now & voices change over the years not to mention looks so in a way I can’t see how that will work.
I see now, digital ABBA. Still not convinced.

3 Likes

I loved ABBA, can’t wait to hear them again

Is this the best image they could come up with though?

4 Likes

Yes I understand that Tiff, but I’m still glad they are doing it. Who knows they may even sound better. :hugs:

2 Likes

They are going digital hence the gadgets on them.

1 Like

I absolutely love that image, what a good looking group, they haven’t changed much, I recognised them straight away.
The couples were also married to each other at one time.
Tony Blackburn back in the day said they would never amount to much.

I think he got that wrong…

2 Likes

They can thank Molly Meldrum the Australian DJ for their world wide success.After “Waterloo” they hit a bit of a slump but he awakened interest in them again by his fervent promotion of their songs.

3 Likes

HI Roxy

I’ve changed the tags for you … :+1:

“Hated” ABBA at the time, love 'em now … :grinning:

2 Likes

ABBA’s “abbatars”:

:astonished:

1 Like

It may spawn a 70s revival, great.

3 Likes

I’ll dig my flares, platform shoes and kipper tie out :clown_face:

4 Likes

I remeber having a velvet suit jacket with massive lepels :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Benny says in the interview he wasn’t sure if the ladies could still sing but then found out that they can.
I think they are again blessed that all of them are still alive and were physically capable of seeing the whole project through. What a fantastic experience for all of them, and what’s more, that they were enjoying each other’s company again.
I can understand that they wouldn’t be so eager to go on tour again. So the avatars are actually a smart idea but why not give them their real looks? Spares them the physical challenge and would have looked even more authentic. They all look great. Yet perhaps they think differently about that.

3 Likes

I heard ‘the new old’ Abba on the radio yesterday and those ladies can still sing :icon_cool:

2 Likes

Abba were great in their day - but to me that’s their biggest problem because that day was getting on for 50 years ago now.
The world has moved on and although I think they’re extremely brave even to attempt what they are attempting, IMHO there are some things better left alone & this is one of those things.
Like @Meg above, I heard some of their new stuff too and while the vocals aren’t exactly what anybody could call dire I still found myself shaking my head and thinking “why”?
I was not impressed.

Each to their own though.

2 Likes