Abandoned Victorian country home that's still full of furniture and original features is now for sale

So is the black death.

2 Likes

What plagues you then, kind sir :upside_down_face:

Not on my Victorian House its not! :018:

1 Like

Exactly. Only natural sandstone pavements for such a historic house :+1:

Knock it down, build something ecologically sound and modern, and use the clapped out old bits of furniture to heat up the tarmac for the driveway.

That would be the historical antiques then, yes?

You mean old and decrepid

No! She’s describing the place and not you kind sir!!!

1 Like

Clinging onto the past is rarely helpful.

1 Like

Sounds nice but the trouble with an island is all those unwanted visitors washing up on your beach.

1 Like

Sometimes, the past can forecast the future. As an example, the 1918 Spanish flu. If only we’d clung onto the past and lessons learnt then we’d have been better prepared…

Do you think so? I doubt it … they had absolutely nothing in their arsenal to combat it. Certainly no vaccines to hand and very few people , if any, spreading it by jetting off on foreign holidays.

1 Like

Well that’s the end of that dream then. Sharks and jellyfish are not my friends!

I suppose the odd merman might be okay … as long as he didn’t immediately say … how do I apply for benefits…

1 Like

I tried to look for a handsome Merman image to stick in here but no…its all cartoons. But look up Mermaids, and its all willowy buxom blondes - what the heck? Goofle is misogynistic.

Will this do @PixieKnuckles? Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 19.29.33

1 Like

Finally!! Yes Sheba, that will do very nicely thank you. :blush:

1 Like

Or what about…https---prod.static9.net.au-_-media-Network-Images-2016-08-30-10-14-Coach-thumnail-merman-160830

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 Like

:joy:

Oh I do like a man with a sense of humour though!

1 Like

He’s … er… cuddly.