A Style Disaster

Hmmmm … there’s an element of anarchistic defiance in your furnishings.

Never mind Swims,Your curtains remind Me of ones I had in the 60s…fibreglass with large yellow sunflowers on…I thought they were the height of fashion :cool:

Take no notice of May Swimfeeders. I like those curtains and you should keep them. I have plum and silver curtains in my lounge and they are every bit as bold as yours, but they are not expensive like Laura Ashley. Make a statement,I say. :smiley: but still get rid of the settee - it is a step too far.

Fibrelass - how could you compare fibreglass curtains with Laura Ashley ones :wink:

Heh heh…:-p Thanks for the giggles…All in the best possible taste…of course :wink:

Hi

A large throw is arriving tomorrow for the sofa, that should tone it down whilst I decide what to do.

'Ere watch it. you mind end up on the sofa. :mrgreen:

A walk around a Laura Ashley shop is like a psychedelic trip man :mrgreen:

I absolutely love that room SF,…my taste is similar,this is part of my lounge,I love the busy colours,it’s called style,…plain is "plain old boring ",I see you have Laura Ashley curtains,style and class.absolutely love it…when I saw your photos,I thought "WOW!!..house doctor style.its a interior design programme.
the curtains at my window,I got from a charity shop,…I have got Laura Ashley poppy curtains,had to take them down,as they need dry cleaning…far superior quality to the ones I have up at the moment.

Hi

I have to say that it is a disaster.

Even the Throw arriving today will not save it.

I volunteer to children leaving Care.

A young lady wants this, she will have it, it will make her very happy.

Job done.

My Bad, it does look sodding awful.

Have you been in her shop lately,LD?..I find her furniture quite plain but very expensive,I have only ever bought her curtains and cushions,the other stuff,most of it I like,but I wouldn’t pay the price they are asking,…I saw a light fitting in there that I rather liked,far to expensive,looked in home base,quater the price,it looked exactly the same as Laura Ashley’s expensive one.

Different strokes for different Folks…I found a box with 2 sets of flowery pink/blue lined bedroom curtains with attached pelmets which I brought from My old house when I downsized,the Childrens Charity bag says They want paired curtains/duvet covers/pillowslips etc’.so off it all goes hopefully to a new Home where Folks will appreciate them :cool:

I agree May,my son hates my taste,he said it looks like a granny’s house,…but then I am a granny,:lol::lol:

Someone will love what you have donated to charity,…another place to get rid of stuff,car boot sale.

Not for a few years now but I agree, the prices are very high. I think the last one I visited was a section inside a Homebase.

Nice that someone will have good use out of your sofa SW. Will you be getting another one? The sales are not too far away.

We have two/three very good sized Laura Ashley shops within reasonable distance to us and I go in when I need ideas. They are very good at combining stuff/putting things together and some good ideas can be made use of. They also have a decent sale every now and then. I think most folks (the ones I know anyway) wait for the LA sale. Sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

My daughter is very good at furnishing and she makes me look old fashioned and frumpy - but I do try to keep up with her. She is a good source of cast offs and fashion rejects. My house has a lot of her stuff. Trouble is a year or so down the line she decides she likes it after all and want’s it back. We are always shuttling things back and forwards. :lol:

I’d donate the curtains too. No wonder the previous owner left them behind.

Hi

I don’t do retail, even in the Sales.

The mark up on furniture is enormous and loads of people sell nearly new at a fraction of the cost.

I have got a two year old Next leather small sofa, immaculate condition, for £150 delivered.

A small amount of coloured wax, a bit of elbow grease and job done.

I have other things to spend my money on.

I only buy old stuff too the older the better except soft furnishing unless I know the folks who owned it. You could always have the chair reupholstered swims… I’m not sure where you live but a pal of mine has had a lot of work done by a lady who owns Eclectic Chair just near Manchester they deliver and collect.

I liked those curtains.

Hi

A sad day today.

The sofa is going, another one has arrived.

I did promise myself I would never have anything from Next in my new house, my Ex loved the stuff from there.

It is less than two years old and leather and I only paid £150 for it.

It almost matches the rest of the stuff, I will be colour changing it to get it as near as possible.

The curtains are staying.:mrgreen: