A Style Disaster

Haha! :lol:

Hi

Here we are.

I have drawn the curtains leading into the Conservatory so May can appreciate them in all their flowery beauty.:lol:

Ah
yes
oh dear! Far too “busy”!!

You could buy a couple of throws to cover the sofa, in a plain colour.
You’d need two I think, to completely obliterate the pattern.

Or
sell it!!

Hi

The problem is the pretendies love it, so even the throws will have to wait.

Trouble is, if you keep the sofa as it is, and it’s really quite pretty if a bit “busy”, then you’ve got to change the curtains, and that’s a big headache.

Oh I say
I always knew You were a colourful character SF
and a good sport too ;-)
.Hope You don’t suffer from migraines. :shock:

Hi

The curtains were left by the previous owner along with the carpets.

They are nearly new and cost a mint.

Throws it will be, but not just yet.

I may even just dye it.

Hi

If you can’t laugh at yourself, there is no point.

I knew it was a mistake as soon as I got it in the room.:blush:

Too funny not to share.:lol::lol:

It looks like a big armchair Swim, it isn’t long like a sofa which I had imagined?

Are they loose covers you could just take off? Or get new covers made if you don’t want a throw?

I think I would try and get a throw very similar to the other ‘rust’ coloured seats further down the room, it would at least blend with them then.
Then if you wanted, you could always whip the throw off when the kids visit, but you can’t really let the kids choose your furniture surely, it’s is you who have to live with it.

Having said that, not sure how well rust colour would go with mauve floral curtains? Oh Gawd, not much help am I. :slight_smile:

How will you go about dyeing it Swimmfeeder? :lol: I have an image of you trying to stuff it into the bath and up to your elbows in dye. :shock::lol:

Depending on how expensive it was it may be worth recovering it (although that is not cheap). Otherwise,I think I would sell it and start again with a plain, neutral colour.
I like the curtains(they look like Laura Ashley)and would have been expensive - keep them.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

Only joking. I don’t mind the sofa too much, it’s the curtains that have to go. :lol:

Hi

Dyeing upholstery is fairly straightforward.

Well Swimfeeder - I live and learn - go for it.

This! :023:

Hi

The curtains are made to measure Laura Ashley, blackout lined, they cost her ÂŁ2000.

They are staying.

Hi

The good thing about this thread is that it is a laugh and Brexit Free.

Woooo 
 class :wink: (class in a northern accent) :wink:

Take me to your boudoir. :shock:

Swims you’re lovely :hug:

It’s like a breath of fresh air, Swim :smiley:

Aye,You’re a class act SF
unlike Yer curtains :-p
Laura Ashley died over 30 years ago
those drapes should have gone to the grave with Her :lol:
sorry.