A Style Disaster

Nice that someone will have good use out of your sofa SW. Will you be getting another one? The sales are not too far away.

We have two/three very good sized Laura Ashley shops within reasonable distance to us and I go in when I need ideas. They are very good at combining stuff/putting things together and some good ideas can be made use of. They also have a decent sale every now and then. I think most folks (the ones I know anyway) wait for the LA sale. Sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

My daughter is very good at furnishing and she makes me look old fashioned and frumpy - but I do try to keep up with her. She is a good source of cast offs and fashion rejects. My house has a lot of her stuff. Trouble is a year or so down the line she decides she likes it after all and want’s it back. We are always shuttling things back and forwards. :lol:

I’d donate the curtains too. No wonder the previous owner left them behind.

Hi

I don’t do retail, even in the Sales.

The mark up on furniture is enormous and loads of people sell nearly new at a fraction of the cost.

I have got a two year old Next leather small sofa, immaculate condition, for £150 delivered.

A small amount of coloured wax, a bit of elbow grease and job done.

I have other things to spend my money on.

I only buy old stuff too the older the better except soft furnishing unless I know the folks who owned it. You could always have the chair reupholstered swims… I’m not sure where you live but a pal of mine has had a lot of work done by a lady who owns Eclectic Chair just near Manchester they deliver and collect.

I liked those curtains.

Hi

A sad day today.

The sofa is going, another one has arrived.

I did promise myself I would never have anything from Next in my new house, my Ex loved the stuff from there.

It is less than two years old and leather and I only paid £150 for it.

It almost matches the rest of the stuff, I will be colour changing it to get it as near as possible.

The curtains are staying.:mrgreen:

The subject is drawing to a close :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sofa so good. :lol:

You had to throw that one in! :-D:-D

Before it closes, I want a picture of the new sofa in place (showing curtains as well). :smiley:

A good idea. Then we can start on the next room. :lol:

I’m keeping schtum :-p

Hi

Photos of course.

This is only the start, you haven’t seen the rest of what I have done to the room or what I have done to the conservatory, which will be the dining room.

I am up cycling some rubbish I have got, then there are the pictures I am hanging etc etc.

A free man, not a woman in sight, but I do listen to you style Gurus.

Rhiann, I can take it, post the photos, has fled.:lol::lol::lol:

I think I would lose the purple sofa sell or charity.
Everything else in the room will then stop fighting all will be calm . Good luck with that

Swimfeeders, it sounds like you came up with generous option in donating it.

My other suggestion was to put it in a bedroom where your youngest house guests can enjoy it when they come to visit. If you did a bedroom with those curtains and the chair, and then a solid comforter (duvet), then it could be quite nice.

Hi

Here we go

That looks very nice Swims, much better than the purple :slight_smile:

Now, about that rug… :lol:

Looks cosy swims…

Well done :slight_smile:

It’s been a long time since you first entertained the idea of downsizing and settling into a place more suitable to your lifestyle, swimfeeders. You really have to be congratulated for following through. I am sure it feels good to be…home.