A mind-reading combat jet for the future

One feature will be an artificial intelligence (AI) tool to assist the human pilot when they are overwhelmed, or under extreme stress.

Sensors in the pilot’s helmet will monitor brain signals and other medical data. So, over successive flights the AI will amass a huge biometric and psychometric information database.

This library of the pilot’s unique characteristics means the on-board AI will be able to step-in and assist if the sensors indicate they may need help.

For example, the AI could take over if the pilot loses consciousness due to high gravity forces.

• whoa! :scream:

Scary stuff!

3 Likes

I wonder if it detects hunger, and would drop you off at the nearest McDonalds! :joy:

1 Like

It seems the movie Firefox is becoming a reality

1 Like

I haven’t seen the movie…but don’t you think now, that most movies give us hints about how the future might look? Its incredible, the technology advancements, but…scary too.

2 Likes

Hi

The stealth technology has been around for 40 years.

The military have all sorts of weird scary stuff they don’t tell us about.

2 Likes

True Swimmy…I believe most UFO sightings are advanced military things, not aliens as some would think! :space_invader:

1 Like

A fly thru take-away.

2 Likes

Too funny! :joy:

Should we be worried, nah. :robot:

We hear strange sounding things in the night.

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles American Guy is spot on with hints of future technology.

1 Like

The appearance of the Tempest aircraft has matured since early images were first released of it in 2018. Among other things Its weight has been reduced and its outline slimmed down.

When it eventually takes to the skies, the Tempest will likely be routinely flanked by un-crewed combat drones, described as ‘adjuncts’ by the Tempest consortium.

The whole project is being devised in parallel with weapons manufacturer MBDA. Missiles may be launched from a Tempest but handed over to one of its robot adjuncts for redirection to a more urgent target.

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Yep…we really don’t know whats going on up in those skies really :scream:

Hi

Or even on the ground.

Think Philadelphia Experiment.

1 Like

I read up a little on that, because I hadn’t heard of it before. Do you believe it?

Hi

Time travel no, not at all.

Bending light to make things disappear, no.

Being able to make things seem to disappear to the human eye and certain optical sensors by the use of very advanced electronic stuff, most definitely yes.

1 Like

Oh but this has been done already…

Hi

Well you have the advantage of me on this one.

1 Like

"Researchers at the University of Birmingham and at MIT have successfully used naturally forming calcite crystals to render objects invisible. In the Birmingham experiment, a paper clip was rendered invisible when a composite crystal was placed over it. By gluing together two calcite crystals with opposite crystal orientations, the latter reflected and refracted the light coming through in such a way as to conceal the paper clip on the other side, making it appear as though it wasn’t there.

Since the calcite crystals can grow well over a dozen feet long, it is theoretically possible to conceal a person or even an average New York City apartment!..."

See, it only take a couple of crystals and some glue. A bit Blue Peter-ish don’t you think? :joy:

1 Like