A favourite dahlia

I haven’t seen an earwig on my dahlias for years, maybe it’s because the prefer they celery :grin:

1 Like

No Mags not here, like you I’ve not seen one for years!

1 Like

Those are stunning photos Barry and Vlad .
I hope you don’t mind me posting some of my dahlia photos. At least I think they’re dahlias.

3 Likes

@Bratti stunning blooms!

2 Likes

Thank you @Mags. :heart:

1 Like

I don’t want to boast or anything but we have tree dahlias.We do see the flowers ,fleetingly,before the possums eat them.

1 Like

I shouldn’t laugh but :rofl:
Cheeky buggers aren’t they. :woozy_face:
I didn’t know possums ate flowers.

1 Like

What gorgeous blooms Bratti, that’s what I love about dahlias, their infinite variety. :blush:

1 Like

Diatomaceous Earth works well. It’s a natural earth that slices them open while they try to climb the flowers and doesn’t hurt the plant whatsoever. Just sprinkle some at the base of each the plant ( preferably in the spring )

Should have double quoted.
Thank you Barry and thank you for being ok with me piggy backing off your thread. :heart:

1 Like

Another one of mine, almost dinner plate size whose name I can’t remember, left in the ground to over winter

3 Likes

Another cracking bloom there Vlad :+1:

Thanks Barry, tge buggers require staking because they grow tall and the flower heads are very heavy

Get some one else to carry them.

Such beautiful flowers on here.
There are so many different colours and types of Dahlia, I could never get bored with them.
Well done all you hard working gardeners. :+1:

Boom boom! :joy:

1 Like

Good morning Mups

Good morning honeybun. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

How’s are you and your dahlias?

We’re doing alright thanks Vlad.
I am getting a bit crotchety of late, but dogs and dahlias are doing well.
Hope you are too. x

P.S. Just put a few more pics up in the other Dahlia thread.