A Coincidence Or, Weird?

d00d, That is very funny. I see the book coming along nicely!

Then we’ll do Netflix!

1 Like

Actually there is an update on this…

Whilst in bed last night, l was thinking about what had happened and trying to rationalise my fear.
Then l suddenly remembered. When l said to him that he was on my bus coming over. I also said, ‘You got off by the university’.
He replied, ‘Yes, at the Y***’.
I said, ‘ls that a pub?’
‘Yes’.

I then got my mobile phone and googled the pub name… It’s a gay bar.
Then my fears seemed to subside…

Do you always carry a very shrill attack alarm? All the females in my family do not leave their homes without theirs. The model they have is deafeningly loud and would always draw attention.

2 Likes

LD, l think there was one in the house years ago?
The thing is in these days, no one seems take any notice of car alarms even. Would some treat personal alarms in the same way?
What if the person was innocent and l was overreacting?

If you felt uneasy, then just the act of showing the person your alarm will usually see them back off and leave your vicinity. Two of my daughters and my eldest granddaughter have used this ‘showing’ to very good effect and so far none of them have been forced to set the alarm off.

1 Like

I do like a twist in the tale.

2 Likes

… Only Fools & Horses, as a yellow three wheeler whizzed past on the pavement, with the words London / Paris / Yorks on the side. This gave you an idea: The University Gay Bar down the road attracts custom for yellow three wheeler types, there’s always a dozen or more in the carpark at any one time. So you thumbed a lift as the bespectacled one handed driver caught your eye.

3 Likes

I wasn’t thumbing a lift I was frantically trying to wave him down, to tell him… he’d lost a wheel!

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: