A Coincidence Or, Weird?

My life has never been normal and today was no exception. I haven’t made this up. It happened to me today.

Trying to source the cord to replace the old one on my rotary washing line. I decided to go by bus to the next large town that is a nightmare to drive in I parked up in my town and waited for the bus on a busy main street.
The bus was due shortly and l stood near to the bus shelter looking ahead to see if the bus was coming. Lots of people passed by, including a man who was probably in his late fifties, or early sixties. He was wearing those sunglasses where you can see their eyes.

The next thing there was an awful acrid smell of smoke, l turned to the side and there was a hippie looking man pushing a nub end, or something that was smoking into a waste-bin behind me.
As l turned, the man in the sun glasses was immediately behind me.
Wanting to get away from the acrid smell, l walked across the footpath and stood outside a shop and looked to see if the bus was coming. I then turned to my left …and there was the man in sunglasses, standing behind me…

The double decker bus arrived and l got on and aimed for the seats situated higher than the others. Most people went up to the top deck. An elderly couple got on and sat in the front seats. It was just them and me on the lower deck until… the man in the sunglasses got on and sat in the high seat straight across from me.

We got to the big town and the man in sunglasses got off. I got off at the next bus stop.
I headed towards a random store in the shopping arcade, to see if they sold the replacement cord but they didn’t, so l had a quick wander about. I was just coming out of an aisle when suddenly, the man in the sunglasses passed me. I was mystified as he had got off the bus a bit of a way back from the shopping area.

I went to other places and bought some bits and pieces and decided to go to another area away from the centre to get the bus home. I was thinking about the strange happenings and just put them down to coincidence.

As l thought it, the bus arrived and there was a hold up with people getting off and then people getting on the bus and paying. I just happened to look round behind me and man in the sunglasses was right behind me! I felt a bit scared as this was becoming a bit more than a coincidence. I said to him, ‘Oh, you were on my bus coming here’! He looked quite nonchalant and unemotional. I then glanced down and saw that he had pink plastic hand. His other hand was holding his mobile phone. I indicated to him to get on the bus before me but he indicated to me to get on…

What do you think l did next?

I hope that you walked away, thus allowing him to get on the bus (ensuring he did so) without you.
Then you waited for the next bus.
Or even got a taxi home.
Probably coincidence but best to be on the safe side.

The other day I wandered into a new charity shop in the city and there was a friend I hadn’t seen for ages. We had a good old catch-up natter and I walked out first. About twenty minutes later I went to go into Boots, the woman in front of me held the door for me, you can guess who it was!
Then about an hour later I was walking home and was walking past a bus stop when a bus drew up and guess who hopped off the bus?!

So these weird coincidences do happen.
But if something happened to make me feel creepy I would make myself scarce.
Especially if there was a phone involved.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d have changed my mind and walked away, to get a later bus.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d have burst out singing…I wear my sunglasses :dark_sunglasses: at night

1 Like

Same as Ruthio said.
Step away.
I’d never take chances if I had a bad feeling.

1 Like

Well, I’d say that the obvious answer is that he fancies you.
The solution?
Well that depends on one thing.
Do you fancy him? :rofl:

2 Likes

If I was worried that the chap was following me, I would have walked away from the bus stop and gone to the nearest taxi point to get a cab straight back to my car, so he couldn’t follow me or be waiting for me, if I caught the next bus.

2 Likes

It could have been coincidence and you just noticed him more because of the weird sunglasses and found them creepy

If he’d just been an ordinary looking chap would you have noticed him?

He didn’t really do anything, did he?

He might have thought you had a good idea to get away from the smoke, so he followed you over there, then got on the bus and just took a random seat that happened to be opposite you, because perhaps he found it hard to go upstairs with one hand

Then he got off a stop before you to see a mate or because he likes the exercise and then walked up to the shops to look around before catching the bus home, and he just happened to be behind you in the queue!

He probably thought it was a bit weird you commenting and either thought you were coming on to him or had noticed him because of his disability

Nevertheless, he was polite and let you get on the bus first ( and he might have thought you were patronising him by letting him get on first because he only had one hand)

He probably found it easier to hold his phone on his good hand and was about to use it to pay his bus fare, a lot of people do that now

Poor chap, I feel quite sorry for him now!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But gut instinct is a vital survival skill, so did you kick him in the gentleman parts and run away? :rofl:

JBR, This wasn’t about fancying anyone. I was getting frightened.

I totally agree with @Boot - get a cab to shake him off. The last thing you would want is for him to follow you off the bus, and see you get into your car.

Maree, l didn’t notice his hand until l was waiting at the bus stop to go home. At no point did l notice him struggling due to his hand. Well l wouldn’t, as l wasn’t aware of his false hand until the last minute.

He must’ve been marathon trained to have got to the store l was in from where he got off the bus. That’s the biggest mystery as it was quite a way away. Maybe, he got on another bus?

I don’t know why l felt frightened l am not normally but today, l really did.

1 Like

My guess it was the glasses that made you notice him and freaked you out

Perhaps he stopped off at a mate’s then they gave him a lift into town?

But maybe he was an alien or a time traveller……:alien:

You haven’t told me what you did!

1 Like

Ruthio, Bathsheba, Mups, Boot And Maree, As soon as we got near to boarding the bus, l slid away and went to a supermarket just nearby.
I peeped out of the window there and then when the bus had gone, l came out and waited 30mins for the next one.
When, l got to my home destination across from where we had boarded in the morning, l stayed on the bus and got off further down but kept my eyes peeled for any sightings.

I then went to my car and drove home.

Art you did well that bloke was stalking you .

1 Like

Muddy, That’s what it felt like… stalking.
When l turned to speak to him at the bus stop, he just looked straight ahead with no expression. When, l spoke to him, it was like he was emotionless.
Even though, Maree mentioned ‘an Alien’. That’s how he struck me and l started to wonder how he was tracking me!!
Now, l’m letting my imagination run away with me but it was just weird, weird.
But then… maybe it was a coincidence?

Maree, He got off at a University building.

1 Like

Art, you had a very Bus’y day. :smiley:

1 Like

Spitty, Should l have Decked him? :laughing:

You should have double decked him :icon_wink:

1 Like

That’s the ticket!! :laughing: