A Christmas Cheese thread

hmmm goats cheese… yes, but it depends on the goat

1 Like

Oer … isn’t brie and Camembert banned in the US?
Something more to do with Food Agencies than War Cabinets though.

1 Like

You snob :yum:

You’ve not lived if you’ve never dipped a piece of toast with dairylea spread into a bowl of hot, spiced up, oxtail soup.

Or feta? Not great on crackers, but deffo useful in salads.

1 Like

I know I wouldn’t live long after I’d tried that! :joy:

2 Likes

Up in the Pyrenees you would see shepherds herding the goats to good pastures, Horses roaming freely it felt so natural, times past though.
We have this older Woman still just by the new fast track trains still herding her goats…she is amazing and we also try and stop to say Bonjour to her…the old ways are still a beautiful site, but fading fast.

2 Likes

True … and those squirty Primula thingies are lovely squirted onto jacket potatoes, especially ones cooked with smoky paprika and mixed herbs.

Hmm …this is making me hungry.

3 Likes

Sounds divine, Di :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

lots of products are banned in the US and I am sure it’s similar to Russia banning western food imports - it’s ultimately down to $$$ or whatever the rouble sign is… there are always “other” reasons such as food hygiene etc. It’s just citizens that suffer through lack of choice

Whoa…wait, what??? Is this a thing? I need to make this tomorrow…

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That was very evocative and spurred my imagination to think of your old lady herding goats as the Tour de France raced by.

1 Like

nothing wrong with so called cream cheese triangles…lovely with crackers for a snack…but they cannot be really called cheese,about 20%, sums are not right…

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It made me think of the sound of music, only in Peru…don’t ask, its late and I get confused at this time of night :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t do this without thinking through the consequences!

1 Like

Is there a definition of what constitutes a cheese?

She would not have noticed though…We often say why the Tour de France never comes by our way…gives me the right goat…gourd and the camel’s…

2 Likes

Peru! More like see a sacrificial Inca racing past with a spear than flouncy petticoats and Saint Julie.

1 Like

Surely this post is against the forum rules? :grinning:

2 Likes