A Christmas Cheese thread

We do like a bit of cheese at Christmas.We always get out the cheeseboard, with crackers and grapes Christmas evening, when we’re all too stuffed with Christmas dinner to want much, but fancy a little something

I get in a good variety and everyone’s favourites.

My son likes M&S Cornish cruncher best, so always a bit of that and I love the Snowdownia ginger one I get in the food market

What about you? Any favourites?

4 Likes

Usually get a nice bit of Stilton, some decent cheddar and a soft blue cheese.

Some pickles and crackers and you can’t go wrong :+1:

2 Likes

I usually find something to delight my taste buds here:-
Buy Dorset Blue Vinny | Cheese Gifts | Cheese & Chutney | Dorset Blue

1 Like

I’m a blue cheese wuss myself, but I do get for the others so I’ll give that a try if you say it’s nice

2 Likes

It is soft and spreadable with a mild flavour just like me :joy:

1 Like

Ooh, there’s posh!

It’s too blue for me ( and those who know me would tell you that’s a phrase that rarely comes out of my mouth!)

But I bet it’s lush for those who like blue, so enjoy! :wine_glass::cheese:

2 Likes

You’re spreadable?!!! :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

What I always try to have in stock are mature cheddar, mini baby bels, and maybe some Wensleydale with apricot. I also like a garlic/herby roule, or one with pineapple and almonds.

I’ll often have cheese and crackers for an evening snack if I don’t want to cook, or not hungry enough. Just a little something for my evening tablets.

1 Like

Yes, cheese and crackers are great for that.
Those Wensleydale’s with fruit are very nice, I like the cranberry ones

For a decent blue cheese I find Krackawheat fits the bill.
Jacobs Krackawheat 200G - Tesco Groceries

We like lot’s of different cheeses. Camembert, Danish Blue, Gouda, Emmental.

2 Likes

On the subject of crackers…which ones?

Crackers, I just put out a selection, including oatcakes and Jacobs Krackawheat

But my own vice is a sweet digestive biscuit :yum:

3 Likes

Jazzi, I have that too sometimes, but just now I have Wensleydale with cranberry…its quite Christmassy and very tasty!

2 Likes

And cheesy crackers from M&S, but just thrown the box away. Also enjoy the black pepper ones.

6 Likes

Danish Blue, Stilton, Cheddar, and a Sage Derby - definitely nothing French.
Crackerwheat, oatcakes, and common or garden cream crackers.

5 Likes

I am not a cheese eater however at times I find myself going in that direction food for thought but not cheese for nightmares

3 Likes

Why nothing French? Political cheese?:rofl::rofl:

I tell you what is nice, if you’re avoiding fromage, and that’s Baron Bigod

It’s a sort of Brit Brie and I think it’s better than Brie de Meaux (heresy!) Expensive but I treat us to a little piece at Christmas

2 Likes

I like a variety of hard and soft cheeses on a cheeseboard -
some favourites are Brie, a tangy cheddar, Old Amsterdam Dutch Gouda, which is mature and flavourful. I also love Dutch Gouda with Cumin Seeds.

And, of course, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas ‘ere in Yorkshire without a chunk of Wensleydale cheese with me Christmas Cake - Hey Up, Lad!

5 Likes

Cheese and Christmas cake, really, is there any better combo in the world? :+1:

4 Likes