A Christmas Cheese thread

Firm favourites on my cheese board:-

Vintage Wensleydale - Wensleydale with ginger - Wensleydale with apricots.
Killeen Goat, Cnoc Dubh, Parlick Fell, White Stilton, Sage Derby, Y Fenni,
Gorwydd Caerphilly, Teifi Seaweed, Red Windsor, Double Gloucester, Pecorino Toscano, Fontina d’Aosta, Asiago, and Provolone

Nothing blue - and definitely not any french slimy stiff

7 Likes

My favorite gift every year
happy-holidays-gourmet-salami-and-cheese-gift-basket-004447-1

6 Likes

That was what my late Dad used to have cheese and Christmas cake.

2 Likes

Yes - Brie in particular is vile stuff with the texture of week-old phlegm, especially when warmed up.

Advertising La Fromagée du Française on TV with the overemphasised French accents is enough to make me gip. I’ve watched quite a few French films in my time, and none of the actors have spoken in such and effected exaggerated way.

2 Likes

What is La Fromagee du Francais, is it a shop or TV show? I haven’t seen that advert,is it like ‘Allo ‘Allo?

I agree with all of those (except Stilton, which I find too strong).
I certainly agree with avoiding French cheeses (for reasons which I shall avoid stating on here), though of course there are exact equivalents which are made in this country and which, to me at least, taste exactly the same as I remember when I did eat the French ones.

1 Like

I find people who just slag off French Cheeses to the points made here are very narrow minded…Many cheeses around the world are loved or disliked…and to just keep harping on about the French Cheeses dislike of, with a harsh tone is so pointedly made for attention.
to the point of intentional animosity towards a nation…get off the bus for gods sake…

Cheese for myself I like a good extra mature Cheddar, very hard to beat for an all round taste, texture and the vast uses for cooking also. We get though a huge amount, always have and always will,

1 Like

Aren’t we all entitled to our opinions?
Perhaps it would be more productive to consider the reasons why many people think this way.

1 Like

you want provoke then just find a hole I am on a looser
enjoy conflict do you…wanna be in my gang, you would not, so go an pick on somebody else

1 Like

Ugh … I’ve never had dead bodies and crackers.

1 Like

Please explain how on earth you managed to connect these two?? :joy:

A French slimy stiff

3 Likes

Consider hate posts noway.I dont do hate compaigns

1 Like

Ahhh I didn’t see that typo :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Oh here we go again …

Has anyone mention dairylea spread yet? Or those thin square things that you get on McD burgers?

1 Like

No because they aren’t cheese.

Sorry.

Cheese strings don’t count either :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

this made me smile :grinning: IMO the political food menu belongs in the same place as those people who knock statues down

1 Like

Has anyone tried goats cheese …does that go okay with crackers?

3 Likes

I totally agree. Food is food, politics at the dining table will give anyone indigestion.

2 Likes