4K Camcorder arrived $129

My lighting was too low. Sorry. This was shot in the extra room of my townhouse, I use it for a studio/workshop. So it is an organized mess ladies.

If watch carefully at the last of this one I nearly slipped and busted my arse. :smiley:

I did set it at 4K and shot and then switched. When I got back inside and looked only the 2.7 and 720 was there. I’m going to shoot more later. :smiley:

This is from my upstairs window. In 4K.
I know these look rushed, but I’ll post better once I’ve run my errands.

I don’t like the camera shake. I’m sure it’s me I’m used to using 2 hands to balance shots. Anyway these were shot at 4K however, it’s low light and zoomed all the way.

That flappy strap in the first video my sony had the same thing to cover the hotshot. Fitting a microphone left it just hanging so I used bluetack to stick it to the microphone.I too have that Nikon 80-400 G lens and it is heavy.
For the price your camcorder looks ok to me. You say about changing cameras on a tripod, I did exactly the same on my Manfrotto befreelive tripod by getting another plate

Just had a message from the camera shop saying they are going to ship out my new camcorder next week. as it doesn’t have a charger one I ordered came today.
I have a sennheiser mke 400 mike already which takes an aaa battery. also got 3 filters I kept from a previous camera with the right filter size.

oh for that touch screen get one of these from amazon £13

MEKO Stylus Pen for iPad, Capacitive Touchscreen Pencil Magnetic Cap, High Sensitivity & Fine Point Universal for/iPhone/iPad Pro/mini/Air/Android/Microsoft/and All Other Devices (Black)

1 Like

I was shocked at the audio on my Nikon. I want to try shooting 4k with my Nikon and that 500mm. I want to see if it can focus quick enough for seamless operation.

you wont be able to I tried that on a Tamron 24-70 G2" lens on my D810 it didn’t work with autofocus in video mode

That’s what I thought. It’s kinda slow on regular photography, But I knew that before I bought and I manual focus most of my shots anyway. That way I don’t have to worry about sharpness. :smiley:

your saying about camera shake I might be able to help. The problem is trying to support with one hand only from the side. now if you could support for 2 different angles you have a little more control. So why I use is one of these screwed into the bottom of the camera/corder.

Now you can support from the side with the hand in the camera strap and underneath as well for the cost of about £7 it is worth a try

1 Like

Brilliant!! I will get one. I’ll check the camera shop here, sometimes he gives me good deals. He should considering the money I’ve spent in there. He sold me a $30 camera strap for $1 so if he’s got one I can get it on the cheap. :smiley:

I got mine off that auction site everyone knows about

1 Like

I don’t buy there anymore, because I paid $899.00 for a Nikon D7200. What I received was a refurbished Nikon D300. I was livid. Took almost 3 months to get it cleared up and get my money back. :hot_face: :hot_face:

All my expensive gear if from a proper retailer or from a “grey” market seller. People worry about warranty etc if it is a “grey” product . One camera accident was repaired under the insurance policy and a lens repaired by a small independant workshop near me so buying “grey” isn’t a problem

1 Like

I only had one camera that I ran into that problem on. I tend to save all year so I can upgrade. A Nikon D500. My ultimate goal is to get a Nikon D850 a full frame camera. That’s usually they way I try to do it is use this camera for a year. Sale it and get most of my money back, add to that and upgrade. As long as the lens match.

Changing the subject slightly, what really got up my nose was having to keep plugging in different plugs into a socket for charging up different units. So I did a quick build with some wood I had lying about. Cut a bit of 2x2 timber for height to clear chargers and a small plank 4ft long and 3 inches wide. then fixed a 6 way socket strip to it. Screwed the small plank to the upright and wood glue it all to the desk top. now each plug socket is labelled and each charger as well

Now no more messing about plugging in and out, just switch on whatever i want. still got room for another 6 way power socket strip if I need it. Keeps the desk tidy

1 Like

Since I’m planning this trip one of my main concerns was how many items I have to keep charged. So I am taking one regular 20,000mah battery and a second one

This is also a 20,000mah battery, of course I have all the car adapters for when I’m driving.
Still it’s going to be a challenge.

I also got these they are only 1600mah so that phone in the photo is a joke. Good part is in an emergency fully charged I could get my phone to 50% or close as I have a 3500mah battery in my phone.
But they’re fantastic :smiley: lights which is why I bought them.

Sorry but I just had to smile, Sue and I mainly go on fly cruise holidays and I was just wondering what a ships crew would make of me taking those items on board.Imaging me walking down through the ship carrying on of those camping lanterns.

1 Like

LOL Yeah not really cruise gear. :joy: :rofl:

Danny

I have been thinking about that hand grip in the previous photo. Maybe this is a better or other option on the right

slightly bigger YOu can of course have those finger positions on the handle at right angles to the way the camcorder is facing. This I think is a more comfortable way of holding the camcorder.

Neewer Camera Handle Grip Handheld Stabilizer with 1/4" Screw
On Amazon for £12.50 ,I did have to file down the top thread a bit by
It may well be the better option as it is straight and that bit bigger depending on your hand size of course

1 Like