4K Camcorder arrived $129

I’ll check it out, I prefer Amazon. I need to look at 70mm-200mm lens my friend called me about Friday. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

On other thing you might be interested in.
If your walking along to video yourself at the same time means holding out the camcorder at arms length. there are selfie sticks but what I did was to get an old broken tripod used the handle and put a minature ball head on the end.

now the angle to view yourself walking can be set that is most comfortable to you.

Just another of my hair brain ideas that actually work and save money at the same time

1 Like

Most of my video is going to be me telling about where I’ve been. Showing the photos I’ve taken while I talk about them. I do like it though very ingenious way of making a selfie stick. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

of course it could be used to look over high hedges or low to the ground as well. I can think of other uses it can be put to but too rude to mention on here

1 Like

Remember I bought the drone for that. Although, the drone might not make it, if I keep playing with it. It’s a lark to fly. Low shots it would come in handy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

New camcordsewr just arrived

not had a chance to set it up or try it outjust yet, have to charge up the battery. One one problem on my computer it didn’t allow for HEIF/HEVC codac so had to pay under £1 to get them. Got an older version of windows 10 which would not allow.

Not only that i could not update my Adobe premiker Elements 200 video editing suite so had to rfemove it and reload it, something must have happened to what i was using as it would not allow updates.
Now reloaded and seems to work ok.
At the moment waiting for battery to charge up so trying ot the camcorder off the mains so will have to have a proper look at functions etc tomorrow

1 Like

Ok been having a good look at it aand got a rfough gujess on accessing parts of the menu I want. I did see there wsas an upgrade from version 1.2 to 1.3 so had a go at that Took a bit of time but I knew what I had to do asx i had done this before on my old Panasonic camcorder. I knew what to do but the camcorder didn’t I don’t think as it took a bit of persuading :rofl:
Also had the wired rfemote conrol arrive as well and that seems to work ok but still need to give it a good workout. It only does zoom and on/off but being on the tripod handle makes life that bit easier

The battery could prove a problem as it can take up to 6 hours to charge up but gives 4.5 hours of recording time so got a third party one on order, no way am I spending over £100 on a panasonic one.
there is a delay on getting the handle as well but at least gives me time to understand this camcorder a bit

1 Like

OK just got a bit of daylight now so tried the camcorder in the garden. What a difference! no jittering when panning now only my control not steady
link

Even though I have only just got this camcorder I can immediately see the difference between a pro camcorder and a consumer one. Even the focus is almost instantaneous

1 Like

You certainly did slip, didn’t you, I was to busy listening to your lovely voice and face ,…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:…I missed most of the video,:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:…loving that leather jacket…:heartpulse:

Apologies,Danny…I should start a flirt thread,…I’m just about too…your’e very welcome to join in…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I always have my leather jacket, mainly because I’ve never seen a cold cow. This one I was upset about. They sent me the motorcycle version instead of the bomber I ordered due to supply shortages. :cry: :cry:

1 Like

Spent most of day trying to sort out video sound when is on SD card but not in windows player but video pictures are when on screen
Plays using VCL media player and on adobe premier elements 2020 with sound both include the HEVC codec

My computer should be replaced with a newer one being 9/10 yrs old, but that is another story

The issue is the codec “HEVC” needed to play sound and vision off a SD card or computer. Strange thing that puzzles me is i have added that Codec so windows media will play the visual but not the sound.
This by now has me really stumped.
If anyone has the answer let me know please

Not sure why that would happen. It might be your computer, but I would think you would get an error message if it were computer. As far as it goes I posted my video RAW so far. I haven’t started processing yet. VLC in my experience if it won’t play something it might be a missing codec. Sorry I’m not very video literate.

I think the problem is with windows media player. It is an old program not updated HEVC codec properly. At least the version I have on my computer even after doing latest updates. Plays on Sue’s Apple Mac laptop ok but that is fairly new.
At least I still have VCL and adobe to fall back on. Next thing I will try tomorrow is to export from Adobe premier Elements back onto desktop and see if the sound carries over as well as the visual

I’ve never used my Windows Media player. I use VLC pretty much exclusively for video and recorded music off my computer. Real Player and Windows Media I’ve always had problems with.

you may well be right think I will have to start using it more , at least until I get another computer, Sue hint hint. this one my son and I built in 2012 upgraded several times but things move on so fast in computing terms

1 Like

This is my headache right now. I need a laptop for my trip. What I’m finding out is that my 2 requirements are driving the price up there. I was hoping to get one for $200 or at most $300. I need it however to have at least 8gb ram and at least a 1080hd screen. So far I am looking at closer to $400 to $500. It’s driving me nuts because I know nothing about laptops. I do know I have a 16gb ram chip that will fit most laptops. Any ideas here would be appreciated.
This has been the best I could find right at $400.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098QGZMT2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3RKLYZ2J0D12A&psc=1

Sorry laptops apart from replaciing a touch pad and battery in Sue’s old one I don’t have a clue. If it were me I would spend a bit and get one with 4K as well .

1 Like

Image result for 1920x1080 ips monitor

In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology is another type of LCD TV technology. These panels are more accurate in their picture reproduction and show more accurate colour from narrow viewing angles. In simple terms, IPS was better than LCD. … This, in turn, means better picture quality.

I was not aware of this. First time hearing (or seeing) IPS.

Is IPS a good monitor?

Image result for 1920x1080 ips monitor

IPS monitors are really great when it comes to color performance and super-wide viewing angles. The expansive viewing angles provided by IPS monitors help to deliver outstanding color when being viewed from different angles.

Yes I have used them for some time even got one I replaced with one that does 4k both 27inch models but what to do with the boxes they are huge

1 Like

You’re talking to the wrong guy.

This is just Camera gear boxes and my watch box a ring box. I don’t throw away boxes that way if I tire of it or want to replace it. I can sell the old in the original box. So yeah definitely asking wrong guy. :rofl: :rofl:

I am getting ready for my trip so I am putting things in storage. Funny thing is everything went back in it’s box it came in. Except the furniture of course. I’m the world’s biggest hoarder of boxes. :rofl: :rofl: