1000 Perfect Songs

…coming soon to a forum near you :grouphug:

1 Like

gosh,phew…etc…

I look forward to that - but - how do you define ‘perfect’ Floydy?

You are a glutton for punishment Floydy. :lol:

Yes, it ain’t gonna happen. I was a bit drunk when I posted that and horrified to see it on here this morning.
I can’t go through all that again. Sorry folks.

:lol::lol::lol:

The beginning of yet another Holy War.

Go for it Floydy and see what mayhem it creates…

Everybody has their favourites and every one as their pet hates.
It could be fun watching you pulling your hair out again. :lol:

My plans (were) to post a different song each time, one that I thought was not necessarily one of my favourites, but a track that has stood the test of time as being faultless in every way.
It wouldn’t be in a chart form like my albums thread, but I’d probably post the video as you do in your thread, Longfellow - and then others can add their views. I don’t even have a list yet and that would involve trawling through my music collection, but we’ll see what happens.

The worst thing is that I would hate to be tied down again like last time which nearly finished me off. I’ll give it some thought. :cool:

Alright, but they will appear as and when I can be bothered. And no, they will not be numbered. And please add your own; it doesn’t have to be a personal choice this time :slight_smile:

Here’s the first one I can think of. One of the most perfect pop songs by a girl band ever:

Next up, a perfect post-punk new-wave pop song. The late, great John Peel’s favourite single of all-time:

(The worst thing is that I would hate to be tied down again like last time which nearly finished me off. I’ll give it some thought.)

Yes as you already know it takes a lot of commitment,but others do not see that when they slap their opinions down against what you have written.
Hence why I like my own little thread posting what I like when I like and I’ll shoot any bugger that tampers with it… :lol: :lol:

Songwriter Jim Webb with Glen Campbell’s rendition of the most wonderful “leaving home” song.

Quite rightly so, mate.:075: You sort 'em.

I think this thread will work just fine like this. One at a time when something grabs my attention :cool:

:043::043:

“Oliver’s Army” written by Elvis Costello, originally performed by Elvis Costello and The Attractions, and appearing on the album Armed Forces in 1979. It remains his most successful single in the United Kingdom, spending three weeks at number 2 in the UK Singles Chart.[1]

Great mate, this is what we want :023:
Excellent choice :slight_smile:

This just has to be here in my opinion;

Don’t look back by Boston.

I know where you’re coming from bud, though I’d have had to go for '‘More Than A Feeling’ myself. Perhaps that would have been too obvious maybe?
And although Third Stage is their finest album IMO, the songs on that are not what I would be looking for in this thread. :slight_smile:

That’s fair enough although to me, it has stood the test of time. I love hearing it as much now as I did back in the seventies plus I think it is perfect. IMO of course. :-p

That’s good mate. It’s a great song and encouragement from others is what this thread is all about. I think it’s the best way to tackle it, takes the pressure off ol’ Floydy for once!:022:

What was your opinion on Oliver’s Army?