1000 Perfect Songs

A great song bud. I’d probably have included it myself, easily Elvis’ best I think. :cool:

:023:

Black

Wonderful Life

https://youtu.be/u1ZoHfJZACA

Great choice too, PS. Always reminds me of the Chris Isaak track ‘Wicked Game’ for some reason :cool:

We might as well get my fave band out of the way. It’s a difficult choice, and I’ll leave out The Dark Side Of The Moon album as that’s always best listened to in its entirety so we’ll go with these two classics.

From the “Pulse” DVD, 1994 tour.

David Gilmour, Live at Pompeii Revisited, 2016.

The thing is, all of those older songs I can remember when they were first released.:shock:

Nothing wrong with that, Tiffany. If the internet age hasn’t got one thing right, it’s the quality of music nowadays. The oldies will always be the classics.:cool:

This song has always beguiled me since first hearing it back in 1978.

Some song lyrics can say perfectly what is in your heart when you can’t voice them yourself

Pompeii Revisited, eh!

made me think of this from '72 … not so much a song, hope that’s OK. Of course you know the story Floydy: the rest of the tapes got lost.

The Stranglers - Peaches

There is a fantastic video of their Battersea Park '78 gig not currently available on youtube. But found this … nice …

Yep, I love that song. Strangely my Nan who was in her sixties at the time also liked it. :-p:-p

Yep, it’s a beaut isn’t it! I love to see any live performances, The Stranglers were such a brilliant live act. :023:

Another old fave of mine from the 70s … must have seen them a dozen times in various clubs & pubs. Then in the late 80s saw Wilko Johnson on a regular basic at my local … The Half Moon Putney.

They still are, d00d. I’ve seen them recently a few times and they put on a fabulous show. All the classics and plenty of humour too. :cool:

Hi d00d.

I can’t message you but here’s how to post videos. It took me a while to get there but it’s quite easy really.

When you watch a video on youtube copy the end of the address at the top - everything after the equals sign

For example the Stranglers video would be hUIYAov1LCA

Then type [ yt ]

Paste the address

Then type [ /yt ]

But with NO spaces. (If I type it with no spaces it will post the video)

(yt stands for youtube)

If you click on go advanced it will show you if the video has appeared or not.

Another Stranglers classic

yep, good 'n tight :023:

Are friends electric - Tubeway Army Taken from their album Replicas, it was released as a single in May 1979 and reached number one in the UK Singles Chart, staying there for four weeks.[1] It was written and produced by Gary Numan, the band’s frontman and lead vocalist.