Yuck - Tofu Coagulated Bean Curd

Coagulate - to cause to become viscous or thickened by adding vinegar…or calcium and magnesium chlorides and sulfates,
Only someone like Little Miss Muffet, sitting on her Tuffet, would like to eat her curds and whey…(the watery part of milk that remains after the formation of curds.)

I like bean curd, it seems to be part of so many Asian dishes. I don’t know what tofu is though.

Tofu and bean curd are one and the same.

There you go, I didn’t know what tofu was, who calls bean curd that?

1 Like

Love Tofu .

1 Like

I’ve eaten tofu a couple of times in the past, but have no plans to do so in the future
Here’s a comment I saw on t’Net a while ago -

I think it’s strange that vegetarians & vegans try to make their food look like meat.

I’ve always thought that meat should be meat, vegetables should be vegetables, and tofu should be whatever the hell that’s supposed to be.

3 Likes

Spot on ZD. Leave our meat alone and keep veggie ‘meat’ faaaar away from the proper stuff :+1:

3 Likes

Tofu seasoned breadcrumbed air fried with a dipping sauce mmm delicious

2 Likes

Hi

We call it Tofu.

Low in calories, high in protein and whilst bland, it takes flavours very well.

I have never used it as fake meat.

2 Likes
1 Like

Love it Zulu…Spot on… :clap:
Interestingly, nearly all vegan food is manufactured in the lab, while my food comes naturally, as far is possible anyway…
Cows
Hens

2 Likes

I cook tofu for my vegan friend sometimes, but it’s pretty bland, you’ve got to get creative with the spices etc

It’s not horrible, just a bit “meh”

I think the smoked one in tastes better

2 Likes