YouTube Complained about my AdBlocker

I had read somewhere that YouTube was taking steps to overcome ad blockers. This morning for the first time on my computer a pop up saying that Ad Blockers were banned on YouTube came up.

As it happened I pressed ESC and it disappeared but I suppose that is the way of the future. I hope that the ad block creators find a way to overcome this - though there are plenty of sites that successfully ban ad blockers.

YouTube has far too many ads - 30 seconds of ads just to watch 5 minute clip is too much.

1 Like

I’ve had to put up with ads on YT for a couple of weeks now, but they only play for a few second before you get the option to Skip.

2 Likes

They told me that I was being giving 3 warnings and if ignored them I would be banned.

2 Likes

@Bruce I had the same problem some weeks ago and now I have to either put a hold on my Adblock+ or wait a few seconds for the video to load. There are other sites to that don’t like the blocker but I’ve found a simple page refresh will overcome the problem.

1 Like

I had this message too after years of no ads & as I didn’t want to miss Youtube & in case they did stop me watching them I switched adblock off. The ads on some are very annoying, but some don’t have any & some only last a few seconds. the worst are the ones put in the videos every few minutes of said video, those are seriously annoying even if they are only a few seconds long. I’ve noticed the longest & most ads are on American videos.

My daudhter gets them on her ipad, those seem worse than on my home pc.

1 Like

My VPN does a good job of blocking ads in most places -and that used to include YouTube -but now I get ads for wherever I have my VPN set.
But I am on a forum where I can paste videos onto my personal’ whiteboard’ page.
Play the videos there and no adverts.
And you don’t get them if live-streaming an event.
If they started doing that it would be annoying.

Apparently, YouTube users will have to pay up or suck it up … :man_shrugging:

Visit You Tube to see how to bypass YouTube anti ad blocker. It was only a matter of time before people came up with a solution.

Personally I haven’t had a problem bypassing it because I never log in to Google and my browser clears all cookies when I shut it down. YouTube allows you three ad free videos apparently but if you clear all the cookies it never knows how many you have watched.

Anyway here is a couple of videos that popped up.

Haven’t yet tried any of these yet but I guess it was only a matter of time.

I’d be interested to hear of other’s experiences.

This sounds a good idea. :023:

I came across this today, using an open source program called FreeTube

The advantage seems to be that it gets your channel details without logging you in (as I understand it)

I’ve been putting up with half an ad. before clicking Skip … now the ads have stopped completely.