Your First (Real) Kiss?

As far as first kisses go I was 12 it was awkward, and I still have a crush on her to this day. Although, my memory of her is colored by years of thinking how perfect she was. Thing is if you’re with the right person holding hands is a thrill! :smiley:

3 Likes

Aged 12???

Hang on, I’ll just put that in the book of records!

:eyes: :eyes: :bowing_man:

2 Likes

I always was a late starter. :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Sadly I don’t remember my first kiss, but I do remember this incident from when I was 13 or 14.

I was at the local youth club, and was talking to a boy who looked a few years older then me. we were getting on quite well, (or so I thought). He asked me if I wanted to go outside and look at the stars with him. My heart rang like a bell, how romantic I thought, and said yes.

We get outside and he pushed me up against the wall and starts eating my face.

I pushed him away and asked him what he thought he was doing.

He said well I asked you if you wanted to go outside, and I said, yes but you said we were going to look at the stars. He burst out laughing, and told me I was a good kid and we went back inside.

After that he was like my personal bodyguard at the youth club.

2 Likes

Picture this: Sweet 16 and never been kissed! We were both sitting on a bench in my parents front garden. They were away for the day :018:

Cue scene: sunshine - bench, sitting and I’m chatting away like there’s no tomorrow.
He leans in to kiss me but I just happened to turn my head since I clearly didn’t have a cooking clue what was going to happen and smack!!! He planted me one on my right earlobe!

That’s right folks! My first ‘real’ kiss landed on my earlobe!!!

He later became my husband…but it didn’t work out for us. :023:

4 Likes

We were both in primary school and her name was Pamela.In a field behind her house.We’ve met in the street lots of time since and had a chat but she’s obviously forgotten all about it.Anyway, she made a very young man very happy.

I’ve just remembered.This song was a hit on the radio and was played all the time on the school bus.

My first kiss was a disaster last minute goodbye at the station after a (first and last) date with a boy from my best friend’s co-ed school, watching an “action movie” (his choice grrr). What a disappointment to get a sloppy kisser. At least things could only get better.

2 Likes

You needed a bodyguard? In what part of town was this youth club?

2 Likes

Not very many years ago I found myself in a pre-relationship with a woman from Northern Ireland who’d just been divorced. After the first couple of kisses, I was in a panic to remove myself from her proximity. Her method of kissing was to press her mouth (thin lips and formidable teeth) as hard as she could against my mouth. My lips were swollen for 2 days! How did she ever get the idea that kissing ought to be a form of brutal torture? :flushed:

4 Likes

How can a first kiss be a pleasant experience if you’ve never practised it? I had gone for a walk in the dark with a girl from my class with the intention to give it a try. We were both 13 or 14 and I don’t remember her name. I was inexperienced and so was she. None of us could teach the other and so it was kind of trial and error. :innocent: Things improved, though, or at least I hope so. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

His name was Jon, he lived down the road from me, he was 19 I was 18, we were at his & his Parents house, playing a board game & laughing like mad, then we looked at each other close together sitting on the floor & we kissed. It was amazing but we were both embarrassed after & just carried on as normal & friends. A few months later his Father died suddenly, heart attack & his Mother & Jon sold up & moved away. I never heard from him again. Awwwww!
He took me to see Tommy The Toreador & bought me the single of Little White Bull after we’d watched it. I still have that single. Awwww!

3 Likes
1 Like

Awwww! LD. :heart_eyes:
And I know all the words. :grinning:

1 Like

Sir Tommy was a great all round performer :ok_hand::+1:
He started singing in The 2 i’s coffee bar

1 Like

Saw him in the stage show Half A Sixpence too. Different boy friend though. :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe not the first kiss, but definitely the first one that counted…

I was 15, high school dance in our village, intermission for the band. Someone I had a crush on named John, as did so many other girls, asked me to take a short walk outside during the break. We had just finished a slow dance, and I was on Cloud 9 (is that cloud still even around today?) to think he actually singled me out.
We walked to the nearby softball field along the fence, when he stopped, said something softly to me. I looked up at him, and he cradled the side of my cheek and gave me the softest, most gentle kiss, I have ever had. Then, we walked back into the dance.
It set the bar for good kissers ever after. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I was about 15 and he was my first boyfriend. His nickname was Sam but his real name also began with S. We went to the pictures and no kissing. Next week he said he would meet me off the bus near the cinema. My bus pulled down the road and I could see him standing under a street light waiting for me. He had one foot up behind him on the wall.All these years later I can still picture him standing there. We walked up the road and there is a small library with a long, covered entrance and he said “let’s go in here for a minute.” So we did and then we kissed. That library and entrance are still there and just the same today and I get a hot flush whenever I go past. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Were you Entranced, FP?

:joy:

I saw him there as well.

1 Like

Twas a sad day when that excellent meeting place closed it’s doors for the last time.
Tommy was a near neighbour when I lived in Teddington but he was not exactly impressed with all the building work I subjected the large old building to LOL. When I bought it, the old place had some poorly repaired war damage which I redid but properly this time. Now I’m wondering if he still resides in Teddington; I couldn’t say I liked his wife Winnie though, coz I found her to be stuck up and somewhat aloof to all around her when shez just a jumped up daughter of Southwark … that Dickens estate has a lot to answer for :man_shrugging: :wink:

1 Like