Your favourite towns/cities?

See that yellow building up top? That was the hotel we stayed at, and our room was centre window, centre row. Fantastic views.

What a lovely spot, you must have had a brilliant view over the harbour from your window…:smiley:

Hi - so many places in the UK, but these are my favourite:

1. The Lake District - for peaceful views and walks.

2. Haworth, Yorkshire - for the Brontes and Christmas festivities in a beautiful, atmospheric setting.

3. Manchester - for shopping, Christmas markets, music venues and the amazing Bar Cloud 23.

4. London - for the museums, Shakespeare’s Globe theatre and riverside walk.

I have lovely memories of visiting the south coast, years ago and I’d like to go there again, but so far I have only visited Brighton, which I loved . . :smiley:

Exeter for me, the Garden City of the South.

They have combined the old with the new so cleverly, you can’t see the join.

In the shopping precinct there is a 12th century chapel - beautiful.

Then there is the Cathedral, the Quays, the City wall, the catacombs and of course the floral display - flowers everywhere.

Mine is Carcassonne when the sun shines to sit in the main square on market day and people watch is so fasinating … The little streets off the main square full of little shops , the old cite just 10 mins walk away, the canal and the river both stunning places to walk and picnic. The cafe’s the people and the architecture just make me so happy when Im wandering around …

Niagara Falls love looking two see the power they have

and st Augustine florada

My favourite city is Agra in India when I went to see the Taj Mahal, such a beautiful place in fact I love India, the people are so friendly. The last time I went was last November but I think that that could be the last time I go as the flight is so long, it is getting too much for me and there are a lot of Russians going now and they are turning the coastal resorts into an Indian Magaluf, pity but that is the way it is.

Cities I have seen a few, I think Barcelona is my all time Fave. There is everything one could possibly want there, beach, history, shopping, food, nightlife, soccer (oops football), I loved it. Secondly Rome, history, history history. I have many others.
Towns Banff Alberta Canada hands down. The mountains are killer.

Good evening Mel darlin’ and welcome to the forum. For mountain scenery I like Stary Smokovec (in Slovakia) - google Grand Hotel Stary Smokovec to see what I mean.

For Cities - St:Petersburg takes a lot of beating - one can spend a whole month in the Winter Palace and wouldn’t even scratch the surface of what there is there to to see.

aw good day (mid afternoon here in the west) I have one for you, google “Banff Springs Hotel” the mountains are grand are they not :slight_smile: I shall check out your suggestion too. I love travelling I wish I were richer. It’s a heck of a long trek to get from Canada to just about anywhere else.

Mel darlin’ many years ago, my Sister, Brother-in-law, George and Dragon (my parents) travelled across Canada on the train from Ontario to Vancouver stopping off at several places along the way - Banff was one of them. My Brother-in-law (Tony) made a video of their entire trip and put it on a video, so although I haven’t been there per se, I have seen the sights there and agree - the mountains are magnificent. Many years ago, I used to do a lot of climbing, but regrettably anno domini and Arthritis have caught up with me and I cannot do that anymore.

I also like Barcelona , Im not far from there now . Have you ever seen Carcassonne at the bottom of France? its a stunning place … I love it here

I have only been to Paris I would love to see more of France one day

It is a long trek, but a vast array of sights along the way.

My hubby tours in canada quiet often I know he loves it there … but I havnt been but would like to one day

oh my so far from home, what does he do? Has he been all over this giant country? Yes you should see it one day, well certain parts :smiley:

He is a sound engineer so tours with music bands when doing world tours … last out there with Mark knoppfler

well he then made it to my fair city me thinks :slight_smile:

Yes Im sure he has I remember reading that name on his itenery .
when did you come to Spain ? was it a long time ago ?

My favourite places in this country are mostly in South Devon. Dartmouth, Salcombe etc.
Abroad, though I’m not sure whether it qualifies as a town or not, would have to be Sveti Stefan in Montenegro. We stayed there before the conflict and it was gorgeous.