Your favourite holiday place to be?

Where do you like to go when you’re on holiday/vacation?

I love going to Newport, Rhode Island! Exploring all the quaint little shops, and going to Newport Harbor. Also, visiting the historic mansions admiring the splendor of the past. It’s perfect there!

4 Likes

When I lived in the UK it was the Loire Valley in France.For much the same reasons as you :grinning:

2 Likes

Any luxury Camp site :grin:

2 Likes

Probably the south part of Türkiye. Or maybe Sun Moon lake in Taiwan.

1 Like

I used to like Broome but it gets a bit too crowded these days.

3 Likes

I have never been camping. But I’m thinking you would probably like the mid-west states.

Reminds me of Arizona.

Its not camping really, its luxury :icon_wink:

Many favourite places, too many to list really!
So… I’m opting for Cornwall and going to head south west.

I do love being on the coast, fortunately not difficult to do here in The UK! :sunglasses::ocean::shell:

2 Likes

Why has Turkey started identifying as Türkiye of late? is it something to do with Bernard Matthews

We have been going to Türkiye for years. Now we are getting too old for travelling far.

According to the radio it was because Googling “Turkey” only produced information about a bird, the country was on the second page.

To be honest, it’s anywhere away from home. But if pushed, I would have to say Florida or on a cruise ship.

1 Like

I’ve travelled a lot been up the Amazon, the North and South Poles most everywhere in between , however I love the UK especially the Isle of Wight , bonkers init !

2 Likes

Absolutely not!

I love The Isle of Wight to bits!
My parents took me there as a kid and I’ve taken my son quite regularly when he was young

Just love crossing The Solent!
I’ve always fancied moving over there, ain’t going to happen :slightly_frowning_face::wink:

I used to have a workmate in the UK who’s sole overseas experience was being stationed on the Isle of Wight when he did his national service.

Don’t think I have ever been there myself.

1 Like

Another UK jaunt coming on Bruce?

1 Like

Although the Isle of Wight is just across the water from me, I rarely go there as the ferry fares are way too expensive. That said, this year was an exception as I was shooting a wedding there, which turned into an extended weekend travelling all over. Although quicker and easier for us to travel from Portsmouth, we usually go from Southampton on Red Funnel as we can sometimes get a deal on attractions/hotels when buying tickets. Also (more importantly) you can get a cooked breakfast on board.

1 Like

I doubt it but never say never.

1 Like

I gather it’s very expensive to take vehicles on the ferry.
As foot passengers it’s always been quite affordable, tickets on the Seacat can be included in the train fare, great if you have a Railcard!

1 Like