Your Christmas Decoration Photos

I’ve cut down on my Christmas decorations since our grandchildren are now teenagers. I do love to continue with a decorated tree and a bit of tinsel here and there and the usual display of Christmas cards, which are getting less each year … but no more climbing up the steps to put other decorations up for me. :smiley:

Yes a painting.

They’re for Steampunk events Pauline, I’ve just taken the black widow one apart as I want to put it on a pumpkin outside, it was a Empress of Racnoss Dr.Who toy but I chopped the head off to make it a proper spider and painted it. It kept moving as I was painting it which freaked me out! ( legs are jointed)

Not at all, we enjoy Christmas, just differently. My family is over 300 miles away and that leaves the two of us here in the back of beyond. No need for decorations as neither of us are fussed. If the family are traveling up then yes I’d go all out.
After breakfast we usually drive away up into the hills (weather permitting) and have a good long trek with the dog, often we are on horseback, so the Clydes get an outing too. We get home as it’s getting dark, sort the animals then sit down to a big Christmas Dinner that I’d prepared the day before, just a couple of things to heat up. Then in the evening it’s catch up with the Telly.:smiley:

TessA, I have been looking through your albums and I must tell you, your arts and crafts are excellent. I just love The Apple of my Eye…and many others. You are a very talented lady…

Snap!! Same here…your lights up the stairs look lovely Pauline very pretty and christmassy…I usually have xmas ornaments that have lights on them but that all apart from my small artificial pre lit tree. The fairy lights make christmas for me more than hanging decorations which I stopped having years ago :slight_smile:

Love your humour:lol:

Last night I put up the start of our Christmas lights. I put them around the front deck railings, on the trellis ornaments and in various bushes. The main colour is blue but I added pink and purple last year and while they aren’t Christmas colours, they are beautiful soothing colours that I don’t get sick of. They won’t get turned on until the end of November/ beginning of December. I just get them up now before we have too much snow.

My greenhouse gets decorated in pink and purple also but I won’t show any pictures until it’s closer to the Christmas season. The snowfall really makes a difference.

We have an artificial tree we put up each year that has ornaments that I’ve saved for 40 some odd years. Many of them are handmade from dear friends. There are many handcarved ornaments since we are both woodcarvers and have woodcarving friends.

Then I have some cool looking Christmas props I use to make beautiful displays from. I’ve got a silver sleigh that I add comes, berries and evergreen to. They smell heavenly and look so festive.

Closer to Christmas I go all out and make dozens of cookies and sometimes a gingerbread house which I decorate.

I LOVE the season. I love the lights, the food, the candy, the songs and everything about it. Since I don’t have a huge family we never had any huge family obligations. My parents winterized in the States every year, Christmas inclusive so our Christmases are beautifully quiet but that’s why I like them.

Note: I’ll post pics closer to the season.
Great thread.

I agree Aysa,I was thinking about keeping those red lights on the stairs,all year round,what do you think?..or should I get the clear fairy lights and put them on the stairs?.

That sounds so exciting Bratti,I can’t wait to see your pics,:-)…my Christmas will also be beautifully quiet,just my son and my 2 small dogs.:slight_smile:

I agree WB,she is so clever at thinking outside the box,I just love that painting and those spider hats.:slight_smile:

Sounds great,Roxy!.:smiley:

Definately keep them all year round…id have the clear too but thats just me lol …:smiley:

I will definitely be buying some clear fairy lights,once Christmas is over,I will put them up,…:smiley:

Too early for Christmas decorations. Ask again in a month.

I am feeling a bit smug this year because when the trees first appeared in the shops I bought myself a small one with built in lights that doesn’t require any construction.

However I probably won’t be here to enjoy it on Christmas Day as I might be going to Canberra to spend Christmas with my daughter and son in law but at least I won’t be going through this nonsense any more:

Bruce,you certainly made a good job,of putting that Christmas tree up,…Lovely!.

I love Christmas actually I bought two new packs of decorations yesterday but I don’t decorate until the first weekend on December. Pauline your staircase looks lovely you have the eye for making things look pretty…wouldn’t it be great if we had a white Christmas this year…we haven’t had one for years…I’m jealous Bratti :slight_smile:

think its nice to stagger buying if u have a lot to buy for ’
I have been buying cards for people abroad ’ love lites I decorate the fireplace and bring in the xmas tree which takes 2 people to lift stands 5ft 8’ now still growing :smiley: heavy in the big tub …

Is it to early,to put him in the window?..:lol::lol::lol:

No…if you want him in the window Pauline do it :slight_smile: He looks a lovely chap…:023:
I must admit I’ve a swag of pretty tinsel that I bought the other day ,its irridescent and really lights up the place when the sun catches it along my curtain rod…I like it so much i’m getting another for the kitchen window too…it lights up the room with rainbow colours similar to a prism crystal…:slight_smile:

Sounds lovely,Aysa,…maybe you can post a picture?:slight_smile:

This popped up in my Faceache feed yesterday. I don’t do Christmas at all, but if I did I would want this tree!