Your childhood comic addiction

Later in my teens I switched to ‘Custom Car’ and used to drool over the modified vehicles …I shall leave it there. :-p

1 Like

I forgot about Rupert. :shock:

1 Like

This was my favourite read :

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1385920959i/19086583.UY424_SS424.jpg

1 Like

Some great childhood memories:-)

Why do I get the feeling there’s more to this than meets the eye LD - especially since it’s you.

Would that be Rupert the Bear?

While I liked comic books as a child I wasn’t a huge fan of them. Not enough to collect them.

2 Likes

:mrgreen:

Oh yes, Rupert was very cool.

1 Like

Beano, Private Eye, Viz.

1 Like

Pow! Punch, Viz :smiley:

1 Like

Punch … my grandparents used to read that. :smiley:

An excellent read and very funny, with contributions from Alan Coren, (remember his Idi Amin diaries?) Keith Waterhouse and was famous for its cartoons - I have a Punch book full of them.

1 Like

Beano, Dandy, Victor, Hotspur, Eagle. Then, suddenly, for no discernable reason I can remember, comics went out of the window and in came books - Ian Fleming, Agatha Christie, Ngao Marsh, PG Wodehouse, etc.

1 Like

No Minx, stupidly never kept any. Never occurred to me back in the day that they would be worth anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beano dandy, topper, then I was an avid reader of commando books, you can still get them and I indulge occasionally…

1 Like

Shouldn’t this be on the Flasher thread?

1 Like

Warlord/Battle Action/Whoopee/Whizzer&Chips/Beano/Buster/Victor/Commando…

The ‘enemy’ was…and remains… …2000AD readership…but they won the war.

Today everybody on earth reads the Lord of the Rings/watches Star Wars/endures tech[y] hegemony & so forth…the so forth issue.

After my own new revolutionary [scorched earth year zero in draft] plan bears fruition I shall ensure the return to your inkwells/enforced Tucker of the Track reading festivals/A Bridge Too Far repeated daily on every station…Casio calculators

[manifesto] State sponsorship of new national comic Brit Fist, adventure stories for boys & Soft Pony, includes Curl, for girls

Abolition of super heroes and imprisonment of Patrick Stewart

1 Like

[quote=“Matchu, post:35, topic:69515”]
Today everybody on earth watches Star Wars[/quote]

Not everyone!

2 Likes

I’ve written it now, I cant change it.

2 Likes

I look forward to reading it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like