Your childhood comic addiction

What comics were you addicted too as a kid?

For me it was Archie and Asterix - what were yours?

And, don’t say this doesn’t belong in this section because comics are books! They helped me learn to read :slight_smile:

Credit: Danny for thread idea

[ATTACH]16329.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16330.vB[/ATTACH]

1 Like

Mine was Dandy and the Beano plus the Eagle

As I got older moved on to DC comics, Superman Batman and the like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you save any of them Chillie?

Beano, Girl & Brother had Dandy & a boy’s, I can’t remember it’s name.

1 Like

Nice Tiffany :slight_smile: great memories!

Bunty and Judy from when I was around 8, then later it was Jackie and Marilyn in my early teens.

I had the very first issue of Bunty. I wish I’d had the sense to keep it!!

1 Like

The Beano when I were a nipper, then graduated to The Victor and Hotspur, oriented towards boys. Big sis used to get the Judy and Bunty, before graduating to Jackie as she got to her teens. I used to read her comics too as I was, and still am, an inveterate reader.

There used to be a story called the Four Marys in one of her comics (don’t know which one) and a story about a whole school being covered by a huge Martian dome with two Martian protagonists, Phobos and Deimos, preventing their escape. I never found out the reason for the dome, so if anyone can enlighten me? :slight_smile:

Then, of course, I began my long-term love affair with Superhero comics, which I’ve still got a collection of. May have to find out if they’re worth anything before I snuff it - some of them are in excess of fifty-years old. :smiley:

1 Like

When we very young the brother and I had ‘Radio Fun and Film Fun’ - then gravitated to ‘Eagle and Girl’. Stopped reading any of them around age 6yrs - didn’t see the point - preferred books.

1 Like

Dandy and the Beano for me too. There was a cartoon of a girl in one of my annuals that I fell in love with. Sadly I can’t remember her name any more but I used to see her every night and blow her a kiss.

A bit later I was into Whizzer & Chips and ‘Mad’

1 Like

The Beano,The Dandy, 2000AD

1 Like

You could have retired to a private island if you had!

You could be sitting on a gold mine :wink:

Apparently Anime is all the rage nowadays

Special memories LD

The Beano seems to be very popular:-)

The Beano…I was a member of the Beano club and had the badges which I kept for years! Then it was Jackie for a while. I came across some old Victor comics in a second hand bookshop recently…I didn’t buy them.

1 Like

We got Beano and dandy as they were passed onto us by my cousin .

I loved reading Bunty and Judy at my friends house ,

1 Like

I used to get a Rupert annual every year too.
Later, much later I joined the Thelwell club & I still have those mags, though the club stopped a while ago now.

1 Like

Later in my teens I switched to ‘Custom Car’ and used to drool over the modified vehicles …I shall leave it there. :-p

1 Like

I forgot about Rupert. :shock:

1 Like