Young watch almost seven times less TV than over-65s - Ofcom UK

Last night on More4 I watched a programme, that recorded the events at an A&E dept of a hospital, whilst I was in bed.
There was an 11 year old girl who had been knocked over by a car ,so she fell onto the road, where a bus ran on to her chest. She had a number of injuries & her parents were distraught, but the doctor believed they had a chance to save her.
They always tell you the outcome of these A&E cases at the end, but I fell asleep before I heard what happened to her. If anybody saw this and heard the outcome, would you please let me know… because this brave little girl deserved to survive!

1 Like

Given that the BBC sees fit to put endless sporting events on its main channel(s) for weeks on end, and complete dross for the rest of the time, we haven’t actually watched anything much on it, other than Masterchef (just to see whether their idea of “celebrityy” matches with ours…barely!) and a few minutes as fillers while waiting for something else to start on different channels.

This is interesting, Eliza…how do you get that, because I’d like to know for myself too. :smiley:

1 Like

Not critcising - just asking - those of you who spend a lot of time watching TV - do you not have any hobbies? :smiley_cat:

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles Im on a macbook air , so i think its in built , ive not sourced it myself , it flashes up in a small widget in top corner of my screen , I barely get time to read before its gone again .

1 Like

Not regular ones. Just the occasional obsessional ones that are short lived, hence the need for a TV backup. Sometimes I get into a reading phase, which might last for a few weeks/months. Sometimes I get into a posting on forum phase for a few weeks/months😉. Never really had a long term fad/hobby.

1 Like

Thanks Eliza…I’m on a Chromebook, so I’ll see if I can find an App for mine :+1:

I always think of a hobby as something you enjoy doing, so my hobby is to care for animals, especially cats that need care. It doesn’t give me anything beautiful to display, but I get great pleasure from winning a cats trust or watching the local wildlife get healthier.
I love cooking, so having friends round for dinner to try my recipes, is more rewarding than going out to a restaurant.
Most days I am up before 6am and usually in bed before 10 pm , so the time that I watch TV, in the evenings , is my relaxation time , usually shared with my cats who sit on the sofa with me.
I used to enjoy knitting, but cats and knitting are not a great combination! :laughing:

2 Likes