Young men having Vasectomies

Unlike Boris the serial child begetter other men are opting to think of the planet

2 Likes

Boris is a Party Animal.

1 Like

@spitfire - thatā€™s an insult to animals!

3 Likes

I think vasectomy is probably the best contraceptive. Itā€™s fairly simple, effective and better, I think, than relying on barrier methods or the woman having to take the pill.

But the trouble is minds change.

The environment is a fashionable cause at the moment but young men who think they want a kid free lifestyle of fun and travel get older, fall in love with their soul mate and perhaps theyā€™ll yearn for a child?

Thatā€™s folks for you, they always want Jam on it.

1 Like

I agree Mareeā€¦I know a young man who had a reversal which is not an easy operation he and his partner had a child but she is disabled and he now blames himself thinking that it could be because of himā€¦we all know its not but in his head he feels to blameā€¦

Oh dear, thatā€™s very sad, I hope he stops blaming himself but itā€™s very difficult to do.

Reversal isnā€™t an easy operation and then thereā€™s the cost. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a good thing for very young men, maybe for older people who have already had children or have reached the stage of life where they are confident they donā€™t want any.

My worry is that having a vasectomy to save the environment is becoming the cool and trendy thing to do and those that do it to it to follow the fashion may well regret it later.

Its just one of a myriad of ā€œGlobalā€ problems.

Havenā€™t these dickheads heard of other forms of contraception ?

Well I suppose no one ever got pregnant from licking jam

It all sounds a bit drastic? Iā€™m not sure l believe it.

Kinky

At 58 years old, let me say that there are certain parts of my body where sharp and pointy objects are not allowed. This is due to safety reasons and patient comfort level. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I had a vasectomy in 1976 following the birth of my 2nd daughter. I had it done because my 1st wife had a dreadful pregnancy and I didnā€™t want her to go through it again if any other contraceptive method failed on us. At the time it was the best choice for us.

When V and I married, I broached the subject of a reversal (11 years after the fact) so we went along to a clinic in Rome to find out about having an operation and all that it entailed. At the same time, V had tests and found she couldnā€™t carry a pregnancy in any case because of polyps in her womb so, no reversal needed.

I had my tubes cut and tied as soon as we as a couple produced three live children of our own. That was in 1973 and I was one of the first to be snipped in Teddington as a NHS patient. Our 4th daughter was adopted after fostering her and that completed our family :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

I had the snip because I didnā€™t want Mrs Fox to have unnecessary medication, and after our first child we didnā€™t want any more. I stand by that decision to this day, and so does she. I donā€™t really give a stuff about the planet, it managed alright before I was born, and whatever happens to it in the future is out of my control, so apart from looking after where I live and visit, I consider the rest of it is in natures hands.

2 Likes

Ouch, Foxy! Thatā€™s a hurty one! :frowning_face:

Quoted on itā€™s own and not in the context it was posted is something that the media would do Pixieā€¦I did point out that I care for my local area and the places I visit, but beyond that I am powerless except for throwing money at it via some money wasting charity, which I refuse to do.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fair point, Foxy. However I would say that everything we do for good or for bad in our vicinity, does ripple outwards to the rest of the world. So its great if you are doing your local bit, but bad sayā€¦if you are pouring bleach down the loo to clean it. :woman_shrugging:

I think we all do bad things that ripple out across the world Pixie, but until someone comes up with viable alternatives the common people are stuck with what we have. Previous alternatives have fallen short, I could go on but feel I may be going too much off topicā€¦

1 Like