You can now buy a huge dryer for your dog - and its perfect for after the bath

Thank god there is somebody sensible still left to care for dogs! :joy: Could you ever envision yours being squeezed in one of these? :scream:

1 Like

No way. My dogs would be calling ‘the humane society’ if we did anything like that and I wouldn’t blame them. :grimacing::rofl::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Aye so would mine :roll_eyes: Its not even convenient…clearly the inventor of this thing hasn’t actually tried to handle a wet dog straight out of the bath, never mind try and get into one of those wrap around things :joy:

1 Like

Exactly. Clearly the inventor doesn’t have a dog.
If HE did, he’d know that as soon as you take a dog out of the bath, they are going to SHAKE most of that water off so unless you have a towel, you will be soaked.

After a quick towel dry, they do one of those ‘crazy dog sprints.’ That’s where they run around in circles being a total spazzzz and if they can get up onto your bed, look out. Your bed will become a ruffed mess along with every mat in your home.

Yep! He should have rented a dog before creating his ridiculous invention.

1 Like

I agree. Mine would be terrified.
I bath mine before clipping, and they only take a few minutes with the hairdryer and I can brush any knots out as I am drying them too.

1 Like

The video:

:grin:

1 Like

I won’t be buying one, I think it’s a great idea, like the groomers, they can regulate the heat, with a hairdryer you can’t, I would never use a hairdryer on Jack…dogs have very sensitive skin and I’ve read that even on a low heat a human hairdryer can burn them.

Apparently you can buy dog hairdryer…whether it’s the same one as you’ve posted, I have no idea,I will look it up.

Just looked it up, one looks like a Hoover £48 but at least you would know your dog is safe while using it, as they were made specifically for dogs.

I watched this on YouTube, you can attach a normal hairdryer to the tunnel, I thought the tunnel was quite long, which made sense, to much faffing about for me…Jack is bathed, towel dried in the bath, I stand back and hold the towel up, so he doesn’t soak me…I’ve got towels, which I put in his cage, he rolls around on those, to dry himself…so funny watching him,:sweat_smile::joy:

Oh the indignities that get inflicted on poor dogs and the patience they show putting up with them, just to show they’re a “good boy!” :poodle::poodle::poodle::poodle::wink:

How many fingers and eyeballs do you think they’d have left if they tried doing that to a cat?

4 Likes

Not to mention the brandy, bandages, and tetanus injections you would need!! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Well, we have a 35 kg dog and is a bit too large to get him in the bath tub so it is easier take him to the groomer who has all the kit.
The groomer is a professional and Max loves the pampering.

2 Likes

This reminds me of my old vet, Alf Wight, who used to write under the name of James Herriot - “By God, he could wrap a cat!” always makes me giggle. :rofl:

We always had cats and Alf used to be our local vet; we also used to meet at the tennis club - he was full of amusing stories and his stories about his cat-wrapping skills are among my favourites.

Here’s an extract from one of his books -

“I had heard of the Bonds, of course. They were Londoners who for some obscure reason had picked on North Yorkshire for their retirement. People said they had a “bit o’ brass” and they had bought an old house on the outskirts of Darrowby where they kept themselves to themselves—and the cats. I had heard that Mrs. Bond was in the habit of taking in strays and feeding them and giving them a home if they wanted it and this had predisposed me in her favour, because in my experience the unfortunate feline species seemed to be fair game for every kind of cruelty and neglect. They shot cats, threw things at them, starved them and set their dogs on them for fun. It was good to see somebody taking their side.

My patient on this first visit was no more than a big kitten, a terrified little blob of black and white crouching in a corner.

“He’s one of the outside cats,” Mrs. Bond boomed.

“Outside cats?”

“Yes. All these you see here are the inside cats. The others are the really wild ones who simply refuse to enter the house. I feed them of course but the only time they come indoors is when they are ill.”

“I see.”

“I’ve had frightful trouble catching this one. I’m worried about his eyes—there seemed to be a skin growing over them, and I do hope you can do something for him. His name, by the way, is Alfred.”

“Alfred? Ah yes, quite.” I advanced cautiously on the little half-grown animal and was greeted by a waving set of claws and a series of open-mouthed spittings. He was trapped in his corner or he would have been off with the speed of light.

Examining him was going to be a problem. I turned to Mrs. Bond. “Could you let me have a sheet of some kind? An old ironing sheet would do. I’m going to have to wrap him up.”

“Wrap him up?” Mrs. Bond looked very doubtful but she disappeared into another room and returned with a tattered sheet of cotton which looked just right.

I cleared the table of an amazing variety of cat feeding dishes, cat books, cat medicines and spread out the sheet, then I approached my patient again. You can’t be in a hurry in a situation like this and it took me perhaps five minutes of wheedling and “Puss-pussing” while I brought my hand nearer and nearer. When I got as far as being able to stroke his cheek I made a quick grab at the scruff of his neck and finally bore Alfred, protesting bitterly and lashing out in all directions, over to the table. There, still holding tightly to his scruff, I laid him on the sheet and started the wrapping operation.

This is something which has to be done quite often with obstreperous felines and, although I say it, I am rather good at it. The idea is to make a neat, tight roll, leaving the relevant piece of cat exposed; it may be an injured paw, perhaps the tail, and in this case of course the head. I think it was the beginning of Mrs. Bond’s unquestioning faith in me when she saw me quickly enveloping that cat till all you could see of him was a small black and white head protruding from an immovable cocoon of cloth. He and I were now facing each other, more or less eyeball to eyeball, and Alfred couldn’t do a thing about it.

As I say, I rather pride myself on this little expertise and even today my veterinary colleagues have been known to remark: “Old Herriot may be limited in many respects but by God he can wrap a cat.”

https://onlinereadfreenovel.com/james-herriot/page,21,34706-all_things_bright_and_beautiful.html

Does anyone have the number for the RSPCA? :wink:

OMG!!! No wonder it’s such a stupid idea. It’s been designed by a child who doesn’t know any better with parents , who know even less. :woman_facepalming:…… :crazy_face::flushed:….

You raised them well…sorry off topic,:+1::+1:

1 Like

One of my old GSD’s was 44 kg, Besoeker, a big lad, so I know what you mean about not lifting him into the bath tub.
On the odd occasion he needed a wash it was either in the walk-in shower, or in the summer - the hosepipe outside! :grinning:

2 Likes

Mungo Mr perfect dog leaps daintily into the bath tub ( I put a towel in it so he won’t slip) and submits to being showered with the hand shower . Then I cover him in a big towel and he jumps out on command and I towel him dry ( he loves this ) when that’s done he shakes water all over the place . I generally bath him in my undies - well it saves getting everything wet and Mungo is so unjudgemental !

3 Likes

Gosh, wish my dog did dainty things like that! Its usually a drag & drop, scrabble, splash and scream job when its bathtime. Then she comes out, ignoring the towels, runs around soaking everything. She puts more energy into that than going for a walk!

1 Like

Aw, sounds so cute!

Well, we had a groomer for Max. Sadly, Max died a few months ago. We have since got a new one, a Cocker Spaniel. She is just 20kg with a lovely temperament.