Yipee - it is Pancake Day

Absolutely nothing!

Supermarkets also sell ‘ready made’ pancakes - where’s the fun in that!

I’ve never understood the appeal of the thin pancakes with sugar and lemon juice. I love thick American style pancakes with blueberry or topped with bananas, honey & yoghurt. I sometimes wonder if our British sugar concoction goes back to wartime rations.

Oh No! They don’t even taste like pancakes. Like the idea of blueberries, banana and honey though. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :shamrock:

1 Like

I hope to make some batter today, as didn’t have the time for any yesterday. Shall do the half recommended recipe (ie using one egg, less flour and milk). Love mine with lemon and sugar.

Yes you’re right about the mess it makes, which is precisely why I didn’t try yesterday, when I had the zoom meeting, so had main meal lunch time and toast just before the meeting.

1 Like

I like them too, but no way do they substitute for the real thing. Which, of course, is the British pancake with lemon juice and sugar. Anyway, if we all made the fat American ones, we’d lose that well used description of a flat tyre - ‘as flat as a pancake’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Haha yes.

I have also made those pancakes where you just use a mashed banana and an egg. The starch in the banana makes it work. Handy if you don’t have any flour.

Oh yes, I’ve made those too. They are rather good actually, aren’t they? Have you made banana ‘nice cream’? Just frozen sliced bananas, whizzed up in the food processor till creamy, adding a little milk if it gets too thick. I add frozen raspberries too, really delicious!

1 Like

I haven’t tried it that way. I have made banana ice cream using unfrozen bananas and then it’s really hard when it comes out of the freezer. But yes frozen bananas make far more sense!

1 Like

We had dried currants in ours when they were cooking and then with sugar and lemon, lots of both. Love all the others that have been mentioned.

1 Like

So, a couple of years later, who’s having pancakes tomorrow? :rofl:

ME! ME! ME!

Lemon and sugar for me and the old man

Jam for sonboy, and the kids always seem to pop in on pancake day

And we like stewed apple, cinnamon and cream too

I always toss them, why wouldn’t you

Wanna see my triple flip?

2 Likes

me to,lemon and sugar for me

1 Like

I have my lemon out of the garden at the ready

2 Likes

Sounds like your ready toss :astonished:

1 Like

Well, I had my pancakes for my evening meal. Not too bad, I was lucky because the new season’s lemons are green on the tree, there was only two ripe ones left from last season. I only made two pancakes but they were very nice, thin, light and fluffy, with plenty of lemon juice and raw sugar.

Still got the washing up to do :cry:

2 Likes

We had them for our dinner that’s usually around 2.30 pm, with lemon juice and lots of caster sugar.

1 Like