Would you take a holiday abroad this year?

we don’t go abroad, but even if we did it wouldn’t be this year…
this was on the morning news, a couple had booked a holiday in Portugal, half way through the holiday Portugal was put on amber list, so they wanted to get a flight home earlier so they wouldn’t have to isolate, the flight was to cost £90…next day it had gone up to £145…

I experienced the same thing when I had to come home early from Thailand in March last year due to Sweden closing its borders. My original flight was cancelled and I had to book an alternative with a different airline. The day after I booked the price went up by £100.

Luckily my travel insurance covered the cost for the alternative flight and I got a full refund for the original return flight.

Might have a long weekend in Kwik Save.:lol::wink:

You could always visit the Amazon – online of course! :wink: :slight_smile:

:043::043:

:-p:-p

Morning Longdogs…:039:
What’s the weather like darn sarf?
It’s gorgeous here…:cool:

Not this year , I’ve booked for 2022 .

No choice! The international borders are closed and likely to remain so for at least the rest of this year and perhaps until the middle of next year.

Apparently it keeps us safe from all you damn foreigners with your nasty diseases. :wink: Now you can’t move in Australia without a bloody caravan blocking the road.

The grey nomads are on the move?

Hi

I want to go later this year.

I am 70 just before Christmas and my unlimited Travel Insurance expires on my 70th.

It will be prohibitively expensive for long haul after that.

Too busy here right now to consider holidays but gosh we can dream. :slight_smile:

You have a private travel insurance Swimmy?

Over here we have 45 days travel insurance included in our home insurance. It even covers emergency medial flights home

We have family in the USA wanting to come over here. We have booked, and cancelled, twice. Maybe around Christmas this year - maybe…

Hi, yes, it comes with my Bank account, but expires on your 70th birthday.

We also had had full insurance on any travel to EU Countries. the EHIC Card.

Brexit has ended this and the new system does not offer the same benefits.

We brag about our low taxes here, but in reality they cost many a fortune.

Booked a long weekend in Iceland next month to see the volcano and have a soak in the blue lagoon.

I’m tired of getting my money back from from cancelled flights and cruises, there are still some outstanding bookings to be either moved or cancelled. No way will I be booking anything for quite a while, that’s if I live long enough to ever travel abroad again. Like Swim says, I’m over seventy now with heart disease, and the cost of insurance makes many destination too costly. Apart from that, our passports have expired and I don’t see the point of renewing anytime soon.

Brilliant place Ron, we were there in 2019 and visited a few places, but were on a cruise and couldn’t dilly dally, would have loved to stay longer.

Not just them, it’s everybody and his dog.

I have never seen so many caravans on the road, the caravan parks are full and it seems to be many new and shiny vans.

Watching them attempting to reverse onto their site is an entertainment in itself

When the borders eventually reopen I suspect there will be a glut of fairly new caravans on the market but at the moment demand is outstripping supply.

My daughter’s parents in law just changed their off road caravan for a smaller one, the one they bought was secondhand but only used once. Apparently the family bought it then went for a weekend trip, returned the caravan to the lot the following Monday having decided caravanning was not for them. The resulting price was still not a bargain but it was a quick sale.

Had a week there in February 2018, flew over the valley in a helicopter where the volcano is now