Would you take a holiday abroad this year?

Like so many I love travelling abroad and can hardly wait to be able to do so again after over a year in quarantine. There are loads of places I want to visit together with my girlfriend, Guadeloupe and a return trip to Japan are top of our list at the moment.

However I still have difficulty understanding why so many people have to immediately book a holiday abroad in the middle of a pandemic even though restrictions have been eased.

Now Greek authorities have announced that they may have to impose new restrictions due to an increase in Covid cases in several areas including the popular islands of Rhodes and Crete.

Personally I’m going to wait until at least next year before I start thinking about booking a holiday abroad.

How about you?

1 Like

Personally Ullabi, I wouldn’t chance going abroad this year, I would wait until the following year and who knows, there might even be another Lock down yet.

I’ve cancelled June and September holidays to Spain this year Ulla. I don’t feel ready or confident enough to go abroad just yet.

we will take a few days here in England, it won’t be the same but all the same we have some lovely places here so this years it’s going to be a staycation.

Spain is our favourite place to holiday, we once lived there.

We wouldn’t dream of going abroad this year, it just isn’t worth the risk.

We are sticking to the beauty of our own country this year.:slight_smile:

I am going on holiday to another country, beautiful Wales :slight_smile: (if restrictions allow) . I don’t go far anyway with a 13 year old dog as part of the group.

I think it is a big risk booking anywhere abroad with the possibility of a return to long queues at airports and exposure to the virus and expensive confinement in hotel quarantine.

No, we won’t be going abroad this year - our passports expired last August and we saw no point in renewing them, so we couldn’t just yet anyway! Next year, maybe, but who knows what it’ll be like then? We’ll just wait and see, and in the meantime enjoy the UK, visit parts we’ve never seen before.

Like most of you we’ll also just be making short trips in our home country this year which in our case is Sweden

Already cancelled a river cruise through Europe for this year and booked this for next year instead

Already been to about 3 of the places on this cruise but will do different trips out instead in each of those ports

We have stopped going abroad anyway due to the dire way we are treated by the travel companies. The next time I fly abroad it will be permanent. It’s not easy to move abroad at the moment what with the EU faggots making it so difficult but eventually they will realise they need more Brits over there to keep their economies going.

We were due to sail on a Baltic cruise in May but it was cancelled for the second time, so we had a refund this time.
We also go to Guernsey every year but were unable to go last year due to covid, and we recently had a letter from the hotel to say they are selling up…:frowning: So this year is out also.

Like Sheba, our passports expired in March this year and see no reason to renew them just yet, so all being well it will be Wales this year with a few short notice places thrown in for good measure…providing we are allowed…It’s not looking good though…:009: Definitely no foreign travel for us in the foreseeable…

I don’t fly, but even if I did I’d not want to go anywhere. Not even liking the idea of going somewhere outside my county quite honestly.

I agree, Tiff. I haven’t flown since I was a kid and really don’t miss it. There are a few places I’d like to visit, but if I don’t get to go, I wouldn’t regret it.

… maybe. :smiley:

nah … we’re al buggered now.:frowning:

Portugal is off the list, a no go country, others will follow. Grrrr

I know others put much importance on holidays and travel. All through the pandemic the talk is always about ‘when can we go abroad on holiday’?

We didn’t start going abroad until fairly late in life but since our friends were always talking about travel, we thought we’d try a few places. They were OK but wherever we went, we were always glad to get back home again.

So, no more holidays for us. I don’t think we’ll miss them.

I can’t even get on a plane, but I agree with you.

I might have a few days in Iceland next month

we don’t go abroad, but even if we did it wouldn’t be this year…
this was on the morning news, a couple had booked a holiday in Portugal, half way through the holiday Portugal was put on amber list, so they wanted to get a flight home earlier so they wouldn’t have to isolate, the flight was to cost £90…next day it had gone up to £145…

I experienced the same thing when I had to come home early from Thailand in March last year due to Sweden closing its borders. My original flight was cancelled and I had to book an alternative with a different airline. The day after I booked the price went up by £100.

Luckily my travel insurance covered the cost for the alternative flight and I got a full refund for the original return flight.

Might have a long weekend in Kwik Save.:lol::wink:

You could always visit the Amazon – online of course! :wink: :slight_smile: