Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?

Horse always

5 Likes

Wow!
Thanks for that Pixie, you’ve just reminded me of an old Johnny Horton song … I’ve just played it for the third time. :wink:

1 Like

I have ridden quite a few horses, my friends was the last one I rode, it was a huge horse,I hadn’t a clue what I was doing, and shouldn’t have ridden it in the first place, but you know what some of us are like when we’re young…

I have ridden a bike quite a lot.

I prefer driving my car, I do walk a lot as well also catch the bus.

What type of riding was this Muddy?

It looks like you were in a competition ?

1 Like

You look like royalty on that horse,Tiff!..:heartpulse:

2 Likes

Ok so…never heard of him, and having scrolled down the list of song titles I couldn’t even begin to guess which song it is…can you put it up in the music bit so I can have a listen to it, please? :musical_note:

I’ll do that in due course :+1:
North to Alaska by Johnny Horton… huskies being the link.

1 Like

Ahh, ok thanks!

scurries off to have a listen

:headphones:

I was knocked down once when I was riding my bike
By a horse driving a car…

3 Likes

That was Maizey. She wasn’t mine I just used to look after her while her owner was at uni.

1 Like

Pauline this lovely horse was an Argentine Paso from the mountains of Salta ( the Andes )
It is in traditional tack of the region .They have a very smooth running gait which is super comfortable .

2 Likes

That’s so funny Art because I mentioned a flying carpet to hospital staff after a family medical emergency last night. They were talking about us going to another hospital about six miles away for more tests and I said how should I get there by flying carpet?! A cycle would certainly not be much use in such a situation (although if you talk to cycling fanatics they will suggest a cargo cycle!). Horse and cart? Weren’t they “boneshakers”?

Of course the elderly with mobility issues will always prefer a car no matter how many “adapted” cycles are presented as alternatives.

Were flying carpets available I’d expect they too would require licence plates and insurance.

1 Like

That’s a very high horse Tiffs

1 Like

Muddy, Your pic is delightful… With photos like this, where you look so beautiful on a fine horse, is it any wonder that you were snapped up by a dashing, handsome Polo Player.

1 Like

Tiffany, A wonderful pic.
I admire you, as l am a bit scared of horses in case they kick me… probably watched too many Westerns years ago!
I am scared of heights too… l would need a cherry picker to get me up on that horse!

1 Like

Annie, How uncanny! Great minds and all that! :laughing:

I hope your relative is ok.

2 Likes

Thanks :kissing_heart: It’s touch and go Art. Such is life. We can only do our best. It’s been a tough 24 hours.

1 Like

Oh Annie, l am so sorry. I hope a miracle happens for them. xx

1 Like

thanks xx

1 Like

Horse in the nice weather, car in the bad. Getting older and don’t like being cold and wet. But I still do both.

1 Like