Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?

Sacrilege, !

2 Likes

I have sat on a pony.It belonged to the sister of a friend and she resented anyone else doing it so it wasn’t very relaxing.
I find driving boring.Lots of times I’ve reached my destination not remembering how I got there.It’s OK I’m in Oz so you are all safe.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a real thoroughbred I can see that, I bet it would cost a fair penny to buy.

Tiffs horse was a real beauty as well.

There is something majestic about horses, they are in a league of their own,that other animals just don’t have, all in my opinion of course, they have that X factor!..:heartpulse:

1 Like

Would love a flying carpet :grin:

1 Like

And did you ever drive again? :grinning:

I’ve only ridden a horse on the beach…once!

What others would you add?

About ten years later I had three lessons with BSM.
It was a similar experience although this time the instructor was somewhat more professional.

I’m all for rising to a challenge but also accepting of my limitations.
No cars for me :wink:

1 Like

16.2" hands high, a hand is a measure of 4 inches from base of neck (withers) to the ground.

Thanks Artie, I rode most of my life worked at several stables & later rode & looked after peoples horses.

Not my horse, sadly. Maizey was a Hanoverian breed.

3 Likes

I fell off my bike last week and damaged my knee and grazed my legs, so I think I’ll stick to driving my car for now - though I really prefer Shanks’s Pony - I feel my own two feet are more reliable than two wheels, four legs or four wheels. :rofl:

2 Likes

I have done all of the above. We had a Clydesdale, a big gentle fellow. He worked the raspberry fields. We also had a trip to Morocco and had a bit of a trek on a camel. Fun !

1 Like

We have 2 Clyde’s my OH rescued several years ago. We named them Bonnie and Clyde. Wonderful pair of characters and they are excellent watch dogs lol. They whinny and stomp loudly if anyone comes to the house that they don’t know. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Horse for me, they should bring back Horse & Cart

Me aged 6 years old.

3 Likes

All have their moments happy to ride, cycle or drive depending on the circumstances. Love cycling to the pub for lunch with Kim and friends and then cycling home. Love driving a car, love the occasional hack out. Horse is 24 now so it no longer happens he is retired but he still looks lovely in his paddock

1 Like

Bikes have been my passion since I was a yoof although my health is too poor to ride any more …

3 Likes

4 Likes

Depends on the weather…but a car mostly

1 Like

No contest, horse every time, if I still could that is, but I can’t.

4 Likes

Or a tractor. We lived on a farm. My father was happy to drive his tractor.

1 Like

Horse for me. Wish I lived somewhere I could keep one now.

2 Likes