Would you rather live on the mountains or near the ocean?

Porthcawl is too packed now John. I like a nice peaceful beach where I can just lay down and listen to the waves. Merthyr Mawr is probably still one of the best beaches for that as people need to walk through the sand dunes to get to it (tho there is a ‘quick path’ as well).

With covid around now as well I don’t think I’d want to be walking bare foot on the beach or going in the river with hundreds or thousands of others :upside_down_face:

When I go for a walk on the mountain behind my house I can walk for hours and not see a soul - it’s bless :orange_heart: and when I do bump into anyone you can easily keep a safe distance. Plus you feel they are ‘healthier’ anyway, as hikers generally are - people go to the beach to laze and eat creams and junk, whereas most hikers do it in part for the health benefits (perhaps even sub-consciously) :blush:

1 Like

Give me the seaside…
Not sure the Bristol Channel counts as Ocean but it’ll do.
Hope to be on it this Summer.
The Waverley is coming.

1 Like

Always wanted to go on the Waverley but never got the chance.I’ve been on the Balmoral which does the same sort of trips but it’s not a paddle steamer.

I’ve always wanted to walk the Yorkshire Moors.It’s popular but it looks big enough to be able to avoid people,most of the time anyway. :grinning:

2 Likes

Only been on Waverley twice but many trips on Balmoral.The Balmoral will be sailing again in 2024 after several years out of action.
I’m following the refits on their Facebook page.
Had a very hairy trip to Minehead once on her.
Quite a large swell that afternoon!

1 Like

For those of you who’d like to live near the sea this just popped up in my alerts:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/132861377

And also reminded me of this house:

Best of both worlds!

By the sea every time. It’s in my blood. My ancestors were all mariners. I almost feel like I can’t breathe when I visit places inland.

I was born and raised literally a stones throw from the sea and loved it in all its moods. Sparkling blue, fast running tides, grey and cold, lashed by torrential rain, massive waves etc. Love it all!

I live a few miles inland now but can be at my old home in 10 minutes.

Mountains have their own beauty but I couldn’t live near them and don’t feel comfortable near them.

1 Like

This is a book that I have much affection for.

2 Likes

I loved the mountains as a child, but fear I may have “Peaked” too early. :icon_wink:

Didn’t you ever rest?

You haven’t been to an Australian beach obviously. Tell me what is too touristy about Port Kembla beach? Don’t forget to swim between the flags.

Just in case you think it is in the middle of nowhere.

Don’t go to Bondi Beach it is full of pommies.

There is always Town Beach in Broome

For all you beach lovers… this could be yours:

For a few bob :lol:

Id expect something better than that for that sale price , My kitchen is bigger than that , and I dont like the dark beams , beams are a no no for me , and the dark doors ,And all those holiday makers going by day and night ,.

1 Like

You’re paying for location there I expect Eliza, I’d personally prefer this one: Dream Properties Thread! - #2 by Azz

yes much better @Azz , only a couple of miles from where I spent my Honeymoon, and my 25 anniversary .

1 Like

Oo nice… will you be making them an offer they can’t refuse then? :003:

no my OH is gone now so no one to share it with …

1 Like

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee I’ll move in with you :lol:

If you love dogs and red wine I’m sure we’d get on just fine :081:

Dogs yes wine no , sorry I prefer my own company now …

1 Like

That is a rebuff, if ever I have seen one. :grin:

1 Like