Would you rather have perfect eyesight or perfect hearing?

Would you rather have perfect eyesight or perfect hearing? Why?

*Would you rather is a game. Posting that you would take both or neither isn’t part of the game.

eyesight.It’s handy being a bit deaf at times.

4 Likes

I’m joining the eyesight side. You can probably make up for eyesight with great hearing, but at the moment, I wouldn’t be great at it.

1 Like

@butterscotch My hearing loss has been taken care of by excellent small hearing aids thanks to the NHS and also, they took care of my cataracts, but I still need to wear spectacles. So, with sight in mind, perfect vision without the need for any correction in all conditions would be fantastic :+1:

1 Like

I’ve recently been attending Winchester Hospital with my eye pressure being high, Eye drops prescribed. I also have mild tinnitus. Would certainly opt for perfect sight, there are some things you don’t want to hear!

1 Like

I’d choose eyesight. I’d love to have perfect eyesight again.

I have never been bothered by the slight deterioration of my hearing as I’ve aged but I find the deterioration of my near focus frustrating plus I have dry macular degeneration, which blurs the centre portion of whatever I’m focusing on.
Even with my reading specs on, words and close up images are a bit blurry, so it takes more concentration for my mind to “fill in the gaps” and make sense of what I’m seeing.
Thank heaven for electronic devices that allow me to quickly enlarge text and images!
My smartphone now has a handy magnifier amongst its useful “tools” too - I find it very useful for reading timetables and notices when I’m out and about - especially in cold weather when my reading specs keep steaming up if I put them on outside to try to read a Notice!

1 Like

Eyesight since it’s way more important than hearing.

1 Like

Eyesight,hearing loss would be easier to live with imo.

1 Like