Would you rather go through your whole life being the most hilarious person or being the most intelligent person?

Would you rather go through your whole life being the most hilarious person or being the most intelligent person?
  • Hilarious person
  • Intelligent person

0 voters

Well tbh i am a bit of both.

ooh what an awkward question, bit like being shown two shovels and asked to take your pick

Well having given up on further education to go on a decade of wine women and snog( :icon_wink:) guess itā€™s hilarious for me. :grin:

I think one goes with the other. Good comedians have to be sharply intelligent. Intelligence without a sense of humour is very one dimensional, like a computer.

Intelligent person and intelligent enough not to want to prove it.

Neither.
Iā€™d rather be the ā€œbehind the scenesā€ support worker.
Thereā€™s more to life than being the most hilarious or the most intelligent person - and these things are subjective too, of course - humour is very subjective - and ā€œintelligenceā€ comes in many forms, both practical, artistic, intellectual and emotional.

If someone says they think they are the ā€œmost intelligent personā€, Iā€™d be wary of that claim!

1 Like

Iā€™d be both - obviously !!

Iā€™m there with one of them and halfway there with the other. :wink:

Neither. Iā€™d choose ā€˜most content personā€™ over any other character. Being funny or smart isnā€™t all that important to me.

1 Like

thinking a bit more on the heading question, I am quite happy being the village idiot

I agree. Being kind to people is far more important.

2 Likes

I was raised by my paternal grandparents from 5 to the words ā€œdo as you would be done byā€ and I hope I have always been this way. Anger is easy, but it takes no more out of a person to be kind. We pass this way only once, so kindness leaves a much better wake than anger.:dove:

1 Like

Interesting about your grandparents. On my motherā€™s side they all died at a young age, long before I was born. In my fatherā€™s side I met them once and that was in the Outer Hebridies. Life moves on. We moved to South Yorkshire about four years ago and we have brilliant neighbours - such kindness you you couldnā€™t fault. I hope reciprocate.

2 Likes

Both.