Would you rather be able to travel back in time or forward in time?

Would you rather be able to travel back in time or forward in time? Why? Where would you travel to?

• Forward in time
  • Back in time
0 voters

*Would you rather is a game that forces people to make a choice between two alternatives.

I’m greedy ( or indecisive ? ) IF it were possible I don’t think I’d want one if the other wasn’t also possible.

2 Likes

Definitely back in time. What good things can be expected in the future?

3 Likes

Both(I’m Awkward :grinning:)…As someone with a History Degree would be great to see historical events and find out things- such as if Harold was shot in the eye at Hastings.
And seeing the sports teams I support future centuries( if they still exist)-that is appealing :grinning:

3 Likes

Back in time for sure.
First stop a bawdy Tudor banquet, when the effects of the mead had worn off a quick foray to see what’s going on in Georgian London. That’d be on the way home.
I’m assuming return tickets would be available for these jolly jaunts ?:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ll vote for Back in Time as that intrigues me the most but I’d like to do both.
I’d love to go back in time to see how the real history of our ancestors and the evolution of life compares to the written history of it, to witness first-hand some of the most intriguing parts of our history.

I’d definitely want a Forward Button too - I wouldn’t want to be stuck in the past forever! It would be quite nice to have a peek at the future too and see what innovations and changed lifestyles there will be.
It would be interesting - and scary- to see how far forward I could go and still find human life on this planet!

One thing I would like if I’m going time travelling is an Invisibility Cloak of Protection :joy: - if I’m going to explore Rome during Caligula’s reign or Paris in the middle of The French Revolution or any other dangerous period in history, I don’t want to risk getting captured or killed!

5 Likes

If only one choice than that would be a great leap forward for me.
As we do know a lot about the past but very little about the future.
And I am curious by nature…especially about the unknown.

4 Likes

Forward in time, I’d just love to know what happens next :rofl:

And going back for me would mean seeing people I’ve lost and trying to change things, which you couldn’t of course

2 Likes

At this moment, with 8 voters, forward lookers and backward lookers are evenly matched.

2 Likes

Definitely forward. The past is done and over with – the future looks bright and full of promises in science, health, new inventions etc.

4 Likes

Id like to go back to when I was 12

3 Likes

I would never want to go forward in time. I would probably be the only living person.

1 Like

Freezing time might be the best

Take a picture of this
The fields are empty, abandoned '59 Chevy
Laying in the back seat listening to Little Willie John
Yeah, that’s when time stood still

1 Like

Unless you’re doing all that stuff right this second, that’s in the past. You’d have to travel back in time to do that.

1 Like

Forward.

Given our age Forward would give access to better medical technology.
Scientific discoveries. Would love to see the first Human to step on Mars ( what would they say?) or the results from the first probe to Proxima Centuri or the first contact with extra terrestrial civilisation.

4 Likes

Go back !
Had a magical childhood
Would love to be with my parents again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I LOVE this question! :purple_heart: I have always been fascinated with time travel, ever since I was little. I have thought about this throughout my life and have decided on traveling back to the past. And I mean the very VERY distant past. :flushed:

I would travel back in time to the moment before this universe was created. :om:

I would then re-create this planet with lower surface gravity and seed it with high-vibratory single-celled organisms, insects, plants, animals and homo habilis with viable pineal glands.

I would create benevolent elementals, spirit forms, primordial energies, interdimensional beings, entities, divine deities and angels.

My re-creation of this planet would create a fifth dimensional existence within this lower density; which means our present reality would be instantly transformed into a heavenly state of existence!

No terminal illnesses nor death - only painless transition from an aging corporeal vessel (a necessity) into a healthy one. I would modify the telomeres in our DNA to increase the current human life cycle from 87.5 years to 216-230 years.

Imagine a reality with absolutely NO negative energy - no hatred, no anger, no jealousy, no vengeance, no deception, no depression, no anxiety and no physical or emotional pain!

Where all persons on the earth will be divinely connected spiritually - but consciously, physically and emotionally they will each live separate existences for the betterment of all and to raise this planet’s frequency indefinitely. :earth_americas: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a really creative answer!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a fun time here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you butterscotch for the warm welcome! It is very interesting how your username is what my youngest daughter uses to name her cat plushie. :yum:

3 Likes

Back, to when life was simpler, slower, and no Internet so people talked, did things together, kids played outside, and no migrants pouring into the country.

3 Likes