Would you rather attend a high school reunion or a family reunion?

Would you rather attend a high school reunion or a family reunion?

• High school reunion
  • Family reunion
0 voters

*Would you rather is a game that forces people to choose between two alternatives.

A family reunion would be interesting since I could ask those questions I didn’t or couldn’t ask at the time and meet some members for the first time.

1 Like

I’d rather do neither

1 Like

Family reunion

1 Like

Family reunion without a doubt. We never have enough of one another. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

My answer to these “either / or” votes is usually “sometimes one, sometimes the other” - but this is one I can definitely cast my Vote on.

I’d rather have a Family Re-Union, without a doubt.
My family is large and we are all scattered about, so we don’t all get together for a mass family re-union as often as we’d like - it’s usually for weddings, significant Birthdays and special occasions.
I love it when we all get together - and we always all say we should do it more often!

A School Re-Union would probably feel a bit flat and awkward for me.
My best friend went to a different school and I didn’t make any close friends in the High School I attended or spend time with them outside of classroom lessons. Actually, I only attended School about half of the time I was supposed to. I skived off the rest of the time to stay home and do household chores, keep my Mum company or visit her when she was in a psychiatric hospital.
I left the area straight after I left school, so I didn’t see any of my old classmates again.
I would struggle to remember the names of more than two or three of my former classmates and can’t even remember what they looked like then, so I’d have little chance of recognising them now!

When I was in my mid-twenties, I shared a sauna at a spa hotel with a lady who kept looking at me. I had no idea who she was but she seemed to recognise me - eventually she introduced herself and said she remembered me from school - we were in the same class.
When she said her name, I recognised it (her name is still in my little “Birthday Book” which I still use!) but I did not remember much about her and can’t even remember adding her Birthday date to my book.
We had a slightly awkward conversation “catching up” on what each of us had been doing since we left school but I felt no common bond.

2 Likes

Family reunion in a fancy restaurant

2 Likes

I like family reunions and it’s nice to get together other than at funerals!

School is ages ago, I had some good friends but we drifted apart as we moved on with our lives, which is natural, and I doubt we’d have much in common now, or even recognise each other

I’m not big on getting in touch with people from the past, keep it as a happy memory, wish them well in your head and let them go

Because my theory is that if you were fond enough and had enough in common in your lives to want to keep in touch, you would have!

5 Likes

Family all day long,i don`t live in the past,that can stay where it is imo.

1 Like

I’m like furryanimal…I would do neither but if I was pressured, I would choose the family reunion.

1 Like

Family reunion wins by a million miles for me.

I have a large extended family and I enjoy any extended family catch ups

I didnt have a bad time at school but not in touch with anyone from there now and feel no connection to those times or people.

2 Likes

Definitely a family reunion, although I don’t really have much family left and what little I have are miles away. I would never go to a school reunion due to the extremely unpleasant times I had there and I would have nothing in common with anyone.

1 Like

My school friends would never consider going to a school reunion.

2 Likes

I’m like furryanimal. I would rather do neither.

Hardly any of my school friends are still vertical. I have a huge family “do” coming up a bit later this year. My young wife reaches her 80th so plans are going ahead already.

1 Like

We do the family reunion every now and again, when one of my sisters returns from Aus for a few weeks. It’s always in the summer and I travel back to Perth to see everyone. I enjoy these meet ups.
Would never go to a school reunion as I hated the school I had to attend, couldn’t get away fast enough.

1 Like

My family has shrunk (not, they didn’t get smaller grin) just fewer in number and we see each other regularly so no to either reunion.

1 Like