Would you pay £630 for a steak?

I’ll stick to a cheeseburger on the way past McDonalds returning from Travis Perkins, Jewson’s or Wickes. I do not trust any other eatery as McDonalds were the only cooked food outlet to specifically state in writing their food does not contain MSG.

1 Like

No not in a million years. Was never a fan of the “In Place” I like quiet Country Pubs with a good Chef.

1 Like

Apparently the steaks come wrapped in edible gold leaf…the likes of David beckham ect frequent the place , so you see,they do have more money than sense……

1 Like

A businessman on company expenses entertaining a group Japanese who enjoy a little wagyu on the quiet, may feel justified should we be talking a biggy.

Horses for courses, innit?

1 Like

Does it come with a free piece of toast?

I find it obscene TBH.

1 Like

When you see that kind of price in a Restaurant…then you think what you would pay for a meal out…The Big Divide has just got wider…What a haves and have not’s World we have let it become…I do believe sincerely the time for this Planet, with the directions it is taken is pretty short…Nobody seems to see the destruction going on…left right and centre…The rich get more rich and greedy to boot…the poor sit traumatised in reality.

1 Like

It would never match my delicious steak with fried red onions and fresh crushed garlic served up with grilled tomatoes hand made chips , pan fried mushrooms and peti pous.

Probably costs me £7 for the whole meal

Lush

5 Likes

And with gravy and button mushrooms

1 Like

gravy = cream, white wine, herbs de provence & button mushrooms.

2 Likes

I think its immoral…I know that sounds a weird way to describe it but to me that’s what it is…how can anyone justify spending that amount of money on one steak when there is so much poverty in the world…its obscene.

2 Likes

I haven’t really evolved beyond Bisto.

Ingredients - a day off work and tragic male presentation inside the butchers:

‘Hello, one rib eye the size of a door, please and fillet blob for my mousewife indoors.’

then buy some wine containing words Bordeaux or superieur or magnifique

And my Bisto. Go home & cook/possible YouTube disco @10pm.

2 Likes

What you need is a good Pepper Sauce with Steak…put hairs on chest whatever your genre gender… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Personally a good Scottish whisky sauce would suit every time, but what else would you expect from a Scotsman?
:yum:

I think the answer to why someone thinks they can get away with this is all in media quote 2. “The celebrity influencer.” So this is presumably 99% ego, 1% hope & 0% intelligence. Also look at the images attached to the top 2 media clips.

2 Likes

What gets me is that gold leaf apparently tastes of….nothing!

So that’s a lot of dosh to pay out to have your steak coated in it :open_mouth:

1 Like

As do we. :+1:

Its a con I wouldny pay that if I could afford. I think the story should be the stupid customers who paid that sort of money for a steak. He probably thought how much do you think I can charge for the setak I know £630 where did he get that from Disneyland.

1 Like

Being cynical, though, do you think the people in there eating it and who posted the bill online really paid for it or are they all promoters and vloggers and TikTok and YouTube celebs he gave a cheapie, freebie to?

Because he’s got miles of free publicity for his restaurants from it, you can’t buy that.

I’d never heard of him before and now everyone has, and more people will probably visit his restaurant now for an expensive meal, even if they don’t have the steak

1 Like

For that price I better get the steak, the rest of the cow, the table, the flatware. Hell for that price I’m taking everything home.

3 Likes

Hi

Before Covid and becoming Ill, my hobby was eating at the top 50 Restaurants in the World.

For my 60th, a Lunch in the underwater restaurant in the 7 Star, Burge El Arab.

I have had some fantastic meals, but never paid that sort of money.

London and Paris are to be avoided, the prices are just stupid.

In Dubai, the wives of the Sheik at the next table where fascinated by Jan, being so tall and naturally pale and blond.

They all took selfies with her in the Ladies.

They were amazed to hear that this was a huge save up just to get there and arrive by Taxi for the cheapest lunch they had.

Husband paid for the lot and we got a Limo for the rest of the day.

Great Fun,

1 Like