Would you pay £6 for a packet of crisps?

crisps are for sale on Ebay for over £6 a pack…would you pay it?

1 Like

Nah, of course I wouldn’t and just because he’s put them up for that doesn’t mean he’ll get it

Plus remember sometimes EBay sellers get their mates to bid or buy their stuff and then pay them back to make it look as if their stuff is popular or as if people pay that price

I sort of admire their cheek, after all crisps aren’t one of life’s essentials and if anyone’s dim enough ………:rofl:

1 Like

Blimey…well good for them for trying I suppose! No I wouldn’t pay that much for crisps thanks all the same :open_mouth:

Not to derail the thread but the cheek of some sellers to make some money knows no bounds…£65 for a jar of UK air…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fresh-Air-from-the-UK-in-Sealed-Jar-/222411964291

3 Likes

I make my own from parsnips. Now just watch the run on parsnips :astonished::point_right::wink::+1:

4 Likes

Nudge, nudge, wanna buy some parsnips? only a fiver each ……

1 Like

No money was exchanged but we did do that as part of an international craft swap once.

You had to take a jar to a local beauty spot or part of your home town, waft it around to capture some air and put the lid on.

Then you had to decorate the jar and send it to your swap partner with a photo of where they were getting air from and a photo of you collecting it!

It was great fun and I got some air from New York!

Sorry, off topic I know

:-1:

2 Likes

I like that idea Maree! It sounds fun :smiley:
wanders off to find an empty jar

3 Likes

It would be quite fun to do for someone as a surprise in the post, especially if they were a bit homesick and you made the jar pretty and sent some funny photos

1 Like

By now, we know that, if you can get a Newspaper, (or a Forum) to broadcast Queueing, mayhem & shortages of your Fuel, Toilet Rolls, and now crisps, you can make a fortune!

Anyone putting it onto their Forum is just falling into the trap.

This is (at least) the second posting of the W…ers (insert your own three letters) Crisp stir up, where are the Bots when you need them?

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

1 Like

Other makes of crisps are available. :grinning:
A long while ago they were selling fog in tins, goodness knows why.
Now it’s bottled spring water. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Who would ever believe we’d by water in bottles when I was young.

3 Likes

This is not especially about Walkers crisps but just asking if you would pay £6 a pack if you were desperate…so there

2 Likes

You want to know if I would pay £6-00 for a bag of crisp yeah

I’ve paid £!-99 for a bag at some service station, which I thought I would never do.

I don’t I would £6-00 seems very steep, what are cigarettes £15 a pack… I know smokers over the years saying they’d give up if fags ever got to £5-00 a pack

If we couldn’t get them, I’m sure as laugh for birthday/christmas/present for someone who was addicted to them, £ 6-00 would be well spent

3 Likes

Well, yes, it’s all about supply and demand and how much you want them, isn’t it?

I’m not bothered about crisps, but if there was a chocolate shortage? ……:joy:

1 Like

Am I right in saying I seen Chocolate crisps :thinking:

Not in a bag, and more a Pringle uniformed shape… :thinking:

Yep, Them chocolate withdrawal symptoms can kill you !! :laughing:

1 Like

2 Likes

Your post made me smile…I often think what would have happened, if someone went on Dragons Dens asking for backing to sell bottled water

Who came up with the idea, bet he’s selling sand to the Arabs

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know @marciniak I only eat Quavers and they are not proper crisps really

1 Like

I’m a bit of a Quaver man myself Wishbone…nothing wrong with Quavers. :grinning:

Can you remember the Vesta food packs, some had noodle/pasta stripes you fried and they kinda turned into a quaver

2 Likes

Thank you LD, I knew I seen them…think it were a Christmas,…posh nosh eh

1 Like

No I don’t remember them Marciniak the only thing I remember about Vesta were those horrible bloody curries that they used to knock out :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes