Would you get Doggy TV for your dogs to watch?

I was reading an article today about a woman who got Doggy TV for her two dogs, in order to try and calm them down while in the house. (Can’t link, due to adverts etc) I went looking into this, and apparently its quite common(!) -even for cats…although I would have thought cats had more sense :joy:

Doggy TV has all manner of things to entertain your dogs…like butterflies, music, other dogs out for a walk, dogs chasing sticks etc…

Here’s a 7 hour video to show you what I mean…yes, thats right, 7 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7a9oaIDjkE

Would you consider putting this on your TV for dogs to watch? I know mind would bark incessantly at it, so its not for us…

2 Likes

No, absolutely not. But sometimes when I am out I will turn the radio on. As that leaves a background noise that stops them from hearing every noise outside & then barking.

4 Likes

Good grief, what ever next?! I am not a doggie person, but I can just imaging Fido sat hogging the big screen and hiding the remote so that the channel cant be changed LOL!!

1 Like

How is the dog going to differentiate between dog TV and regular TV? Plus you can just paly them that 7 hour video.

4 Likes

How much does a DOGTV subscription cost? DOGTV is $84.99 annually , or $9.99 per month when you subscribe through dogtv.com, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and iOS/Android. If you are a cable subscriber, you can also watch(wait I thought it was for dogs?) for $4.99/month through DIRECTV, Comcast Xfinity, Dish, RCN, Cox, Mediacom and Sling TV.

2 Likes

Blimey, that’s a lot! I agree that playing the radio, or just having the video on would suffice - IF your dog was the kind that appreciated lounging in front of the telly all day :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I do the same as you, Gee, and always leave the radio on for the dogs. The voices and sounds that perhaps makes them feel less alone when left, and as you say, it also stops them hearing every sound outside and yapping! :grinning:

I wouldn’t never dream of getting them ‘doggy tv.’

3 Likes

Errre …that screen is far too low for Fido. If this screen height for Doggie TV is going to be the trend, then I can foreseen many veterinary related neck problems in the furfure :wink:

1 Like

No Mups, me neither. In fact it strikes me as being lazy…like plonking the kids down in front of the telly because you want a break.

Off topic a bit, but dog related - I met a dog walker today while out with my dog, and she collecting the last of 4 dogs to take for a run about the park. She said that none of the owners worked, but happily paid for her to take the dogs out while they stayed inside! I was horrified :astonished:

1 Like

I’d be afraid they get excited or knock it over or something. But they’d probably just ignore it and cats would think it was beneath them and stupid!

If it wasn’t for the cost, I might be tempted by one of those pet cameras where you can watch them and talk to them via your phone

Some of them let you dispense a treat and the cat ones let you play with a lazer with them

But I think they might get confused and sad at being able to hear you but not see you.

2 Likes

With the way Holly attacks the tv every time a dog is on there (or a cat, cattle, horses, any animal), I don’t think it’s a good idea in our case. I try to watch any dog prog, or Our Yorkshire Farm, and it’s impossible. Even if I try while she is upstairs she comes down, sees them, and starts.

2 Likes

Take em out for a long walk that will calm them down,

1 Like

No we wouldn’t buy we sometimes put the radio on.

Probably not much difference these days.

2 Likes

Whatever he said :point_up:

1 Like

Quite right

2 Likes

Mine?
He likes F1 cos he watches it with me.

2 Likes